Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organizations on a timely and consistent basis. We see an Africa where payment is a seamless part of our everyday lives, and our mission is to create transaction solutions that enable individuals and communities to prosper across the continent
Technical Strategy and Planning:
- Assists other software engineers, analysts, and designers in conceptualizing and developing new software programs and applications.
- Plans phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC) for a variety of projects.
- Assists in the preparation and documentation of software requirements and specifications.
- Performs research on the requirements of software users and documents findings to serve.
- Works closely with the Team Leader, Business Analyst and Product Owner for understanding the functional and system requirements.
Acquisition and Deployment:
- Conducts research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts
- Recommends, schedule, and performs software improvements and upgrades.
- Consistently writes, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications and PCIDSS standards
- Works closely with the QA team, Product Management team, and the Research and Development manager to ensure quality and timely software development within his/her responsibilities
- Runs and monitors software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging
- Administers critical analysis of test results and delivers solutions to problem areas
- Generates statistics and prepare and write reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process
- Updates tasks on JIRA
- Ensures robust and sustainable enterprise social collaboration architecture for software development by monitoring matrices of the SOA, and fixing complaints/bugs logged by customers
- Assists in the development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines for ease of use by the client/customers
- Installs software products for end users as required
- Creates and manages Application Programming Interface (API)
- Writes programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or appearance of company Web site and/or related Web applications as necessary
- Removes code script from company web site and/or related web applications as necessary
- Liaises with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems
- Manages and/or provides guidance to junior software developers and research assistants
Education and Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree / HND in Computer/System/ Electrical/ Electronic Engineering/ Applied physics/ Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Relevant certification such as ISTQB Foundation Level or above, ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library), CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional), MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) or CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Administrator); MCTS (Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist).
- Minimum of three (3) years in a similar function with a focus on IT Quality control