Buffer Media is a mobile marketing & VAS enabler that connect top brands with millions of people in Africa, locating them via mobile interactions. We enable monetization of mobile content (games, app, videos, music, CRBT) in Nigeria, and help mobile subscribers locate amazing products, services & apps via mobile advertising.
- The candidate will be responsible for contributing to our website redesign projects, monitoring and posting on blogs and social networks, engaging in online forums, participating in online outreach and promotion, optimizing our website and conducting keyword analysis.
- Those looking to gain valuable online media experience with an established organization are encouraged to apply.
- Assist the Digital Marketing Manager in implementing overall communications and marketing plan — focusing specifically on digital communications - to build awareness within the community, increase engagement, adoption and products sales.
- Work with Digital Marketing Manager to refine social media strategy and best practices
- Assist in managing social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, etc.) and editorial calendar to ensure content is timely, relevant, and engaging
- Draft weekly e-newsletters to subscribers
- Prepare weekly updates and reports to track growth and success rates of campaigns
- Keep up to date and informed on new social media trends and adapt accordingly
- Ensure proper messaging is being executed online
- Identify leaders and influencers (internal/external) and engage them in brand activities
- Assist with website copywriting, proofing, and updating as needed
- Ability to take initiative, employ good judgment, and manage projects from beginning to end
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Exceptional ability to manage details
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and to anticipate next steps or needs
- Work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Be available for at least 30 hours a week
- A Bachelor's Degree (or currently enrolled student) in the Liberal Arts or equivalent work experience
- Understands and can utilize emerging platforms, digital media, and web/social media management and measurement tools (e.g. HootSuite, Google Analytics and Facebook Insights)
- Adobe Creative Suite experience (e.g. Photoshop) a plus
- Strong working knowledge of email marketing applications (e.g. Constant Contact)
- This position is only for Lagos based residents.