· Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
· Manage the daily ledger posting of all large financial data ensuring accuracy and speed.
· Demonstrate usage of financial modeling and data analytics tools to discern reconciliation and products transactions posting of large and complex financial data
· Effectively work with auditors on statutory audit throughout the audit engagement
· Prepare monthly financial reports with supporting schedules and filled supporting documents
· Ensure proper postings of the large data, including agency banking and POS Card settlement with banks.
· Maintain relationship with banks, vendors, finance management team and company-wide management team
· Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports
· In addition to liaising with the tax consultants; manage and provide advisory on taxation and regulations including pension, Pay As You Earn, Value Added Tax, Withholding Tax, Company Income Tax
· Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures.
· Prepare all supporting information for the annual audit with the approved external auditor.
· Prepare all supporting information for authorized groups such as FIRS
· Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions.
· Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, and petty cash.
· Reconcile bank and investment accounts; and manage cash flow.
· Review monthly results and implement monthly variance reporting as compared to budget.
· Manage the cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts in accordance with policy.
· Develop and implement policies and procedures as required to ensure that personnel and financial information is secure.
· Report to the CFO with timely and accurate financial information
Qualification and Requirements
· Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in Accounting, Business, Economics, Finance, or a related field;
· Several years of experience in a business or finance environment. Experience in Banking or Fintech Industry is a plus
· Must be a Chartered Accountant (ACA, ACCA)
· 6+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles
· Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization.
· Have outstanding mathematical skills
· Work well with people, aggressively anticipate impacts of workload/issues to team deadlines and have a very positive work attitude including willingness to work long hours during peak periods
· High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
· Strong experience in financial analysis, financial reporting, variance analysis, managerial finance, financial statements, and financial modelling
· Solid written and verbal communication skills
· High attention to detail
· Good organizational skills
· Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
Other Skills and Abilities:
· PC proficiency and advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point, Google and ERP accounting application is essential.