Unilever Nigeria - Welcome to Unilever, a global multinational and fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) company with products sold in over 190 countries and more than 2 billion consumers across the world who use our amazing products everyday! At Unilever, you can shape your own path as you work with the brands and people that drive our sustainable business growth.
Key Account abilities
- Secure Unilever Nigeria personnel, properties and assets from internal and external security breaches as well as co-ordinate the activities of 3rd Party Security Contractors and Internal Unilever Security personnel and Supervisors.
- Ensure a hands-on ownership of security solutions within Unilever operations
- Manage an effective Country Control Room that is geared for both monitoring as well as Incident response.
- Support the Regional Security Manager and the Africa Security Director’s office in driving Cluster Security Initiatives
- Drive standardization across sites in Nigeria. Advise management on any specific threats to company personnel + family, assets & information and business operations/activities as they become known.
- Ensuring implementation of security policy, approved security plans and procedures and revising them where necessary.
- In conjunction with the respective business Leadership Teams, develop and implement security awareness programs or processes and to protect life, corporate assets and to ensure business continuity.
- Devising and co-ordinating appropriate security training for security personnel & other nominated personnel
- Managing effective investigations on detected and reported breaches of security and security incidents.
- Provide briefings for the international staff/visitors on in country security issues on arrival and on the security situation in the country.
- Initiate and co-ordinate an immediate response to security incidents where there is a threat to Company employees and assets so as to ensure minimised loss or injury. If necessary, to respond personally to these threats.
- Ensure safety and security of employees whilst on Company premises and in transit. Report all incidents to respective stake holders
- Liaise with and develop relationships with various Law Enforcement & Emergency Services in the event of a security incident/emergency (i.e. fire, medical, mechanical breakdown) and to ensure timely reaction to incidents
- Ensure availability of highly trained security personnel to implement contingency plans effectively.
- Ensuring security reports are submitted on time.
- Manage and transact on all mandatory reporting systems
- Participate and guide Security Risk Committees on their functions and focus areas
- Manage constant synergy between business controls and security controls so that internal loss threats, are effectively mitigated.
- Effectively audit, maintain and guide 3 P security service provision companies in terms of fit for purpose performance and adherence/compliance with agreed SLA’s.
- Manage performance of internal Unilever Security Managers/Officers working on the premises.
- Manage the key focus areas as per Group Security Directives inclusive of protection and securing of personnel, assets and processes.
- Ensure the execution of the approved Country Security Plans.
- Ensure monthly Security Site meetings with all role players from Business.
- Ensure Weekly, Monthly reports and CCTV and weighbridge.
- 3-5 years relevant experience in Site Security preferably in FMCG
Contacts: (Please list any internal and external contacts arising from the job.)
- Supply Chain:
- Brand Building
- Reporting Channel: (Please show where the job lies within the department, including superior(s) & subordinate(s).)
- Safety, Health and Environment Manager (SHE)