Fez Integrated Services Limited - Our client, a group of dynamic professionals whose sole aim is providing outstanding architectural and construction services that compete with acceptable international standard, also providing sound engineering solutions, is currently recruiting a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
- Discuss the ideas, objectives, requirements, and budget of a project and in some cases help to select a site
- Consult with other professionals about design
- Assess the needs of the building and its users and advise the client on the practicality of their project
- Prepare and present feasibility reports and design proposals to the client
- Assess the impact on the local environment
- Use IT in design and project management, specifically using computer-aided design software
- Keep within financial budgets and deadlines
- Produce detailed workings, drawings, and specifications
- Specify the nature and quality of materials required
- Prepare tender applications and presentations
- Negotiate with contractors and other professionals
- Prepare applications for planning and building control departments
- Draw up tender documents for contracts
- Project manage and help to coordinate the work of contractors
- Control a project from start to finish
- Carry out regular site visits to check on progress and ensure that the project is running on time and to budget
- Resolve problems and issues that arise during construction
- Ensure that the environmental impact of the project is managed
- Good Design Degree(s) (HND, B.Sc., B.Tech., M.Sc., M.Tech.) in Architecture
- Relevant work experience in the field and experiences in construction/contract administration
- Registration with the Architects Registration Council of Nigeria (ARCON) and the Nigerian Institute of Architects (NIA) may be an advantage
- Strong portfolio to prove artistic skills
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details, and relevant rules, regulations, and quality standards
- Proven working experience as an architect.
- Good knowledge of construction/contract administration
- The uncommon skill of interpreting and understanding architectural, engineering construction drawings and specifications, land and topographical surveys, geotechnical surveys and reports and any other relevant information required on site
- Good design and drawing skills to demonstrate your flair for architecture
- A strong imagination and the ability to think and create in three dimensions
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral, with the ability to liaise effectively with a range of other professionals, clients, and contractors
- Good identification and selection of contractors and sub-contractors
- Good knowledge of contract administration
- In-depth knowledge of the laws of building contracts such as the NIA 1990 laws of building contracts, JCT, FIDIC etc.
- Full understanding of construction safety and enforcement of the use of PPE and safety procedures
- Good understanding of requirements of statutory approvals and the Nigerian building code
- Good organizational and negotiation skills
- Strong teamwork and leadership skills.
- The first-rate understanding of construction processes
- Reasonable mathematical skills
- Project management skills with high proficiency in Microsoft Office software especially Microsoft word, excel, and project.
- Excellent IT skills, including computer-aided design skills with familiarity with specific soft wares such as AutoCAD, ArchiCAD, Revit, Sketch Up, 3D Max.
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.