Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income generating activities, legal aid and a wide range of other protection assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system in the area of Finance. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
Your Main Duties and Responsibilities
General Programming & Operations:
- Carrying out Shelter needs assessment for returning refugees and IDPs and using results in designing intervention measures.
- Monitor Shelter activities, construction works progress and reporting accordingly.
- Ensure archiving of Shelter logs and procurement records.
- Participate in preparations of Shelter flight and vehicle plans.
- Ensure efficient and Effective program implementation while following the budget and work plan.
- Mobilization of beneficiary communities to maintain the established shelter resources.
Coordination and representation:
- Collaborate with relevant Internal and External technical experts on issues related to shelter.
- Represent DRC at shelter meetings and other relevant technical coordination meetings at field level.
- Ensure integration of Shelter activities with other DRC sectors.
- Coordinate with RRM and Shelter NFI and Infrastructure counterparts in other locations in the implementation of common funded projects.
- Ensure good representation and reputation of Shelter sector at all levels.
- Actively participate in internal coordination meeting
- Assist in developing the projects’ M&E tools.
- Assist in project implementation and reporting.
- Prepare Shelter, NFI and Infrastructure weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports as tasked by Shelter Officer.
- The responsibilities listed in the JD are not exhaustive and may be readjusted according to operational needs but will remain in line with the overall purpose of the role.
To be successful in this role we expect you to. All employees should master DRC's core competencies:
- Taking the lead
- Striving for excellence and
- Demonstrating integrity.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Building or Civil Engineering from recognized institution.
- HND or diploma in Architecture, Building or Civil Engineering from recognized institution.
- At least 1-year experience in implementation and evaluation of Shelter projects.
- Knowledge of Shelter Approaches.
- Good IT skills (especially MS Office).
- Conversant with AutoCAD or suitable design software
- Project Planning and Management is an added advantage
- Experience working in emergency response with NGOs, preferably in a humanitarian context.
- Contract length: 6 MONTHS
- Level: SB4
- Start date: ASAP
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to "drc.ngo" under Vacancies