Reports to: Pumping and Stimulation Superintendent
Qualification and Work Experience Requirements:
Minimum of HND in Chemical, Petroleum, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
3-5 years’ experience in Pump execution operations
Good computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel )
IWCF, HSE, PTW, HUET, BOSIET, GAS TESTER, First Aid and swimming certification
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for planning and execution of pumping operations.
- Responsible to ensure equipment is in operational condition at all times.
- Monitor panels during pumping operations in order to ensure that materials are being
- pumped at the correct pressure, density, rate, and concentration.
- Records operating data such as products and quantities pumped, stocks used, gauging results, and operating times.
- Liaise with customers to ensure scope of operation is well understood prior to starting
- Performs routine maintenance on pumps such as repacking, lubricating of moving parts
- Cleaning and painting of the pump unit as necessary, etc
- Ability to rig up pipes, chicksans and hoses as necessary during a job.
- Communicates with other workers, using signals, radios, or telephones, to start and stop flows of materials or substances.
- The Pump Operator reads operating schedules or instructions or receives verbal orders, in order to determine amounts to be pumped.
- Keep accurate job log and submits same for ticketing
- Starts compressor engines, and diverts oil from storage tanks into compressor units and
- auxiliary equipment in order to recover natural gas from oil.
- Keep accurate record of material consumption during a job.
- Drives trucks in order to transport high-pressure pumping equipment, and chemicals, fluids, or gases to be pumped into wells.
- Mentors and coaches assigned trainees and other junior workers on pump operations
- Any other assigned duties.
- Call a time out for safety [TOFS] once hazard is identified.
- Carry out duties in a safe manner in accordance to company policies and procedures
- Store all equipment in a safe manner to avoid hazards in subsequent operations
- Maintain a safe area for assigned tasks
- Participate in weekly safety meetings, pre- tour, and pre- task meeting as required
- Participate in emergency drills, respond to emergency situations, and operate emergency equipment per designated duties
- Participate fully in annual performance appraisal process I
- Meet training requirements as per applicable matrix as communicated by management II
- Awareness, understanding and application of quality policy on assigned jobs
- Awareness, understanding and application departmental /process quality objectives;
- Awareness of your contribution to the effectiveness of the QMS, including the benefits of improved performance including associated opportunities forimprovement of the processes assigned;
- Awareness of the implications of not conforming with the Company QMS
- requirements including associated risks for the process assigned
Key Competencies required
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Must be computer literate with good reporting skills
- Knowledge of personal safety and social responsibilities and personal survival techniques
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions,and procedure manuals
- Ability to work quickly, think ahead to the next procedure and respond appropriately in emergency situations.
- Must have experience in well corrosion surveillance, and be familiar with non-destructive testing
- (NDT), corrosion logs and other diagnostics tools.
- Proven work experience involving pressure testing equipment, NDT tools, corrosion inhibition plans /
- chemicals, cathodic protection and corrosion resistant coatings etc.
- Proven experience in the pressure testing procedures.
- Must be able to work in a multi – cultural environment.
- Well- developed interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills.
- Strong leadership skills with proven capability to take firm, decision action
- Excellent technical knowledge of Pumping execution operations
- Must have physical strength, stamina and agility
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Conversant with all safety precautions and hazards
- Must work in accordance with all policies and procedures of the company.