The role of the Service Desk Executive is to manage the performance of Level 1 and Level 2 services and support to clients, (internal and external) in order to ensure that service levels are achieved and customer expectations are met or exceeded through the demonstration of personal Leadership, Flexibility, Intergrity, Go-beyond attitude, Simplicity and Synergy with other units, teammates, colleagues and customers with the sole purpose of achieving and exceeding set performance targets.
Build and run an efficient Service Desk Unit. Expand the scope of the Unit in order to get support contracts from customers.
Specific areas of responsibility that you will be responsible for include but are not limited to the following:
· First and second line support - troubleshooting of IT related problems from in-house software to hardware to FPG Solutions deployed at customers’ sites.
· Escalate unresolved calls/issues/tickets to the in house SME or directly to OEM and FPG technical team.
· Use available tools to generate in-house and customer report.
· Log all calls in the Service Desk Call Logging system.
· Take ownership of user problems and follow up the status of problems on behalf of the user and communicate progress in a timely manner.
· Provide statistics for the weekly Service Desk report on call trends.
· Installations of software applications.
· Respond to queries either in person, via email and phone and for initial requirement capture.
· Remote troubleshooting and fault finding if issues occur upon initial installation
· Escalate unresolved problem/issues/requests to the proper tier 2 and 3 support team. Troubleshooting basic end user issues on various software applications, hardware, network and telecommunications systems and provide basic desktop support.
· Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to FPG products.
· Develop support proposal and service level agreements.
· Maintain history of performance of implemented software and computer systems.
· Walk customer through problem-solving process.
· Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved.
· Gain feedback from customers about FPG product/solution usage.
· Manage preventive and corrective maintenance with customers.
· Become familiar with each client and their respective products.
· Learn fundamental operations of commonly used software, hardware, and other equipment.
· Become familiar with helpdesk policies and services.
· Follow up product renewal to ensure continuous support service delivery.
· Provide accurate information on IT products or services.
· Record events and problems and their resolution in logs.
· Follow-up and update customer status and information.
Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal