GE (NYSE: GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers.
Ref Number: 3196465
- Reporting directly to the ERCIS+SSA Service Director, the Service Application Engineer (SAE) is a key member of the Regional Service Team.
- The SAE has advanced technical expertise in power system design and operation as well as knowledge of our grid automation products and systems, covering the full array of services and customers in the region.
- They will engage with customers in co-creation dialogue, promote our services offerings, and act as the technical liaison between the customer and GA team for Services. As an SAE will also supplement our TAE (Technical Application Engineering) teams in their pre-sale endeavors as well as support on delivering our service offering being engaged on consulting, technical support and on-site activities if needed.
- Should be able to assist customers with our more advanced applications, propose different solutions and help customers make decisions. They will engage with customers in co-creation dialogue, promote our services offerings, and act as the technical liaison between the customer and GA team for Services. As an SAE will also supplement our TAE (Technical Application Engineering) teams in their pre-sale endeavors as well as support on delivering our service offering being engaged on consulting, technical support and on-site activities if needed.
The Service Application Engineer will be responsible for:
- Promote service offering. Owning plans and actions with the goal of expanding our activities with selected subregions, segments, and account
- Define service solutions and technical architectures
- Provide advanced technical support and be a trusted advisor to customers
- Support Sales & Tendering teams in pre-sales activities and on service offer preparation
- Participate in service activities when needed: Factory and Site Acceptance Testing, Technical Consulting, Training, On-site Support and Commissioning, etc.
- EHS Leadership, conduct work in compliance with applicable regulations and encourage accurate employee safety practices
- Provide installation, testing, commissioning and service direction on-site and remotely
- Liaise effectively with customers in job planning, execution, follow-up, and sales support, and internally with engineering departments, manufacturing, and Sales team
- Provide both external and internal timely, accurate, professional reports
- Provide, audit, and implement quality control requirements for on-site activities
- Communicate schedule details, project milestones, manpower requirements, quality issues, and tools/equipment requirements to the appropriate individuals
- Leverage applicable Lean/6-Sigma projects.
- Electronics/Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent or equivalent knowledge or work experience
- Experience in Energy/Utility Project environments
- Proficiency level in English and/or French (or any other depending on location)
- Other languages valued (Spanish, German, Italian and/or Russian)
- Willingness and ability to travel globally (Around 50% of the time)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a strong customer focus and ability to cooperate with the different departments
- A rigorous team working approach, good communication, and interpersonal skills with a high level of self-motivation, flexibility and self-learning aptitude
- Experience with electrical Protection relays and Control systems (Low voltage, Medium voltage, and high voltage)
- Must be a motivator, self-starter and dedicated team player with a sense of urgency and an ability to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High interpersonal skills
- Experience working on technical support, testing, maintenance, commissioning in transmission, distribution, industrial and power plants environments
- As for the citizens of Nigeria: A valid NYCS discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
- As for the citizens outside of Nigeria: Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in the role's location
- Background in Electrical Control Systems and SCADA/DCS systems
- Grid Automation Protection & Control (PC) and SAS products deep knowledge
- Grid Automation Monitoring and Diagnostics (M&D) product line knowledge
- Ability to organize, prioritize and achieve milestones and deliverables
- Open to working extended hours and weekends if the situation requires
- Sound judgment, level-headed under pressure, with an ability to think on feet
- High energy, positive individual loving operational challenges