The Senior Systems Engineer will work to support and scale the organization's fully virtualized environment through the use of monitoring and configuration management tools. He/She will be required to also carry out the following responsibilities:
- Install, configure, and maintain our core RHEL-based server platform in line with our massively scalable design.
- Assist the team in ongoing capacity planning and metrics gathering.
- Maintain and regularly tune our suite of internal and external monitoring tools.
- Develop internal tools and APIs to increase efficiency and automate tasks, including working with existing platforms such as Puppet, Kibana/Logstash, Docker, Graphana, etc.
- Participate in numerous security and operational audits, such as PCI DSS.
- Work collaboratively with other teams as part of cross-functional projects.
- Communicate directly with our customers in a support role.
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation in support of our platform and customers.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or other relevant technical degree required. If you have no degree or did not finish school you need to show your proficiency in speaking and writing in English flawlessly.
- 5+ years professional related work experience
- Knowledge of distributed systems software and understanding of TPC fundamentals, computer architecture, storage and IOS subsystems
- Demonstrated track record with cloud hosted and virtualized infrastructure management and monitoring in an enterprise environment.
- Practical Linux skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment.
- Competency in scripting with languages like Bash or Python.
- Familiarity with configuration management and automation tools such as Puppet, Ansible or Chef.
- Knowledge of Red Hat IPA will be a plus.