The Talent African company, on behalf of its client a Fertilizer and Chemical Company, seeks qualified candidates in Nigeria to fill this role
Partner with the company’s workforce and industry bodies to ensure conducive and responsive industrial work environment that aids the achievement of corporate goals while promoting and maintaining a positive work culture and drive the right values and behaviors.
- Develop and implement processes and procedures in support of a seamless employee relations strategy.
- Champion the development and promotion of a corporate culture that emphasizes and reward hard work, trust, commitment, integrity, teamwork, respect, creativity and customer value satisfying behavior.
- Manage the communication system and process to ensure adequate awareness and buy-in among employees on appropriate company-related issues.
- Provide advice and consultative services on industrial and labor concerns, for both unionized and non-unionized employee groups to promote good industrial relations across all the regions.
- Provide advice to line managers and supervisors on matters pertaining to grievance procedures. Counsel all levels of employees regarding conflicts/problems that arise in the workplace.
- Provide adequate liaison with third parties on outsourced services such as security and medical, to ensure service and cost-effectiveness.
- Facilitate appropriate negotiation and consultation with external stakeholders in Labour such as the Ministry of Labour, Nigeria Employee Consultative Forum and Chartered Institute of Personnel Management.
- Monitor and ensure the organization’s compliance with government regulations in labour matters.
- Generate monthly disciplinary reports and communicate learning points to the organization document for process improvements.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in Case law, legislation Regulations and update Company policies, procedures accordingly.
- The above is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of essential functions for the job described, but rather a general description of some of the responsibilities necessary to carry out the duties of this position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Ability to perform all above physical work.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in Social Sciences, Humanities or any other related field. Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 6-10 years working experience in a unionized environment
- Membership of relevant professional bodies (CIPM, CIPD)
- Excellent communication and negotiation skill.
- Essential Skills/Competencies: (Technical & Non- Technical)
- Experience in conflict resolution management and collective Bargaining.
- Teamwork with the ability of multi-tasking.
- Open minded, Organizing, problem solving.