- HND/BSc or COMPANY approved equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Senior Welding Inspector
- CSWIP 3.2, or alternatively:
- CSWIP 3.1, or AWS CWI, or CWB CSA W178 LII, and ASNT, PCN or CSWIP Level II in RFI.
- Paint Inspector ERS Level II or NACE Level II.
- Valid ASNT, PCN or CSWIP Level II qualification in UT (minimum Plate and Pipe).
- Has (or has had) ASNT, PCN or CSWIP Level II in MPI or DPI.
- Valid Visual Inspection certificate:
- Preferred certified to API 570 or API 510 course & examination
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Sciences or equivalent
- Demonstrable knowledge in marketing, operations, sales or technology in the Oil and Gas industry.
- Thorough knowledge of working in and understanding of the Marine Industry.
- Thorough understanding of customer requirements in developing Greenfield or Brownfield projects and market conditions
- Excellent communication and skills
- Good business acumen
- Good understanding of operations and the sales process
- Highly motivated and resilient
- Ability to think strategically
- Commitment to customer service and ability to work in a team environment
- Good attention to detail with good analytical skills
- Proficiency in using MS Office suite to include Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint is required
- Ability to handle multiple activities successfully
- Genuine team member: as measured by behavior in a team environment, information sharing with associates and stakeholders
- Demonstrate leadership and ability to form cohesive teams to address challenges
- Must have no restrictions on travel and obtaining relevant visas for overseas travel.
Years of Experience:
- 5 years minimum in oil & gas or related industry in Maintenance Inspection & NDT of which 5 years as sales supervisory role.
- Comprehensive working knowledge and experience in lifting equipment, welding inspection, NDT techniques, corrosion & condition monitoring and inspection surveys of existing oil/gas installations and equipment.
- Working knowledge of materials testing, preservation techniques.
- Skilled and experienced with computers & MS software programs,
- Experience in QCS on (maintenance) welding & repair techniques.
- Working knowledge of oil/gas processes, and piping, risers, pressure vessels, heat exchangers, structures, lifting, and drilling equipment.
- Ability to work with electronic gauges and data loggers, like Pan. 37DL, EPOCH 4 and others of the same category.
- Good communication, training and leader skills.
- Prepared to participate actively in the inspections (hands-on) and to be staying resident offshore.
- Salary: N200,000-N250,000