The Talent African Company seeks qualified candidates to fill this role for one of its clients in the ICT sector in Nigeria
We are sourcing for a senior software engineer who can balance technological opportunities with business requirements and drive out of the box innovative thinking. You would naturally have an inclination for tinkering with latest technology while working independently on your priorities and tasks. The scope and complexity of your tasks will be based on your existing knowledge and capabilities as well as how fast you can acquire new skills. You will also be working on projects as a member of a team that gathers requirements, analyzes, designs, prototypes,develops and tests software, firmware and mobile applications that will go into current and future products.
Reports to: Deputy Chief Technology Officer
Department: R&D Corporate
Principal responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Leads identification and analysis of key industry and technology trends to assess potential effect on the enterprise and facilitate
- their testing with the Innovation team and the Product Managers.
- Develop and drive an ambitious, high-impact, product-oriented R&D agenda around IoT and AI for human understanding.
- Collaborate with software engineers to develop and test out new ideas based on current research.
- Write high-quality code to test new approaches and help architect final end-to-end products and APIs.
- Design and develop software, firmware or mobile applications for electronic test and measurement products; meet the schedule
- and scope needs of the project
- Write unit and system tests for software
- Participate in design and code reviews
Job competencies and capabilities
- Frontend software development skills (React/Vue/Angular/Android/IOS/PWAs)
- Understands how to build for mobile.
- Backend Software Development skills (Java (Spring), ASP.NET, NodeJS, MongoDB/Postgres/MySQL, Oracle).
- Solid Software development fundamentals (TDD, BDD, Agile/Scrum/Kanban, Data structures & Algorithms).
- Infrastructure Knowledge
- AWS, Azure & other cloud providers
- Experience conducting proof of technology pilots and in-depth analysis of emerging technology.
- Standardized middleware options
- Communications protocols
- Platform infrastructure solutions, including both enterprise and open source technology
- Business models
- Cost-benefit analysis
- Budgeting and risk management
- Added Advantage
- Know you way around a financial projection
- Words like EBITDA, REVENUE, AMORTIZATION & BUSINESS MODELS don’t sound foreign to you
- Strong understanding of the trends and movements in the Nigerian tech eco-systems
- Project Management experience is a plus
Skills & Abilities
- Working conditions
- This role is office based
- Equal opportunity
- The role is open to anyone who meets the above criteria regardless of race or nationality
- Relocation options
- International consideration is given. However, the company is not responsible for procurement of visa or work permit.
- Competitive based on experience
Note Location is Ikeja, Lagos
Please ensure your Jobberman profile is 100% complete before applying for this job. Candidates with incomplete profiles have a much lower chance of having their applications viewed.