- You are global development leader and you thrive tackling global issues, from malnutrition to climate change to economic growth, ensuring no population is left behind. You enjoy leading high-performing teams that drive the delivery of innovative and results-oriented solutions for clients, by proposing problem-solving and creating tailored frameworks that address client challenges. You excel in solving problems using clear strategic and creative thinking, and you want to put your skills to work – transforming organizations that fund change around the world. You are a committed self-starter with experience as a ‘top- performer’ at a leading international management consultancy firm, a passion for international development, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Take accountability for the quality of client deliverable
- Take a leadership role in building and managing the firm
- Manage relationships with clients and other stakeholders, often serving as the first point of contact for content questions and logistics
- Provide guidance to team members at all stages of the project; maintain responsibility for project budgets and timelines
- Develop and maintain client relationships and contribute to thought leadership initiatives in order to generate new business engagements
- Actively contribute to the firm-building initiatives.
What You Will Do and How You Will Grow
- Project Managers are resourceful team leaders who manage the critical thinking and analytical horse power that drives teams. As the link between junior team members and management, Project Managers deliver creative ideas and results for our clients worldwide.
- With a combination of analytical skills and social acumen, Project Managers are savvy communicators who simplify complex findings, develop insightful recommendations, and structure communications that promote constructive dialogues with diverse stakeholders in the public sector, private sector, civil society, and international communities.
Typical qualifications for a Senior Project Manager:
- At least one year managing high-performing teams in a problem-solving, analytical environment.
- Prior management experience in a consulting environment preferred: 2+ years of experience as a manager at a leading international management consultancy and a ‘top-performer’ throughout tenure
- Minimum of 5 years of experience framing and analyzing evidence-based solutions to strategic challenges.
- Prior consulting experience preferred: Expert knowledge of consulting “toolkit”
- Strong analytical abilities, both quantitative and qualitative
- Ability to present information in a concise, insightful and structured manner, both in written and oral
- Demonstrated initiative and capacity to perform well in an entrepreneurial atmosphere
- Master’s in Business Administration or Masters in Public Administration/ Policy or PhD from a top university with excellent academic record
- A passion for international development, typically evidenced by a strong interest and prior exposure to global issues such as economic development, global health, education or the environment
- Experience living and working in different cultures; time spent in developing countries strongly preferred
- Sensitivity to the political and cultural environments of international public agencies or similar complex environments
- Strong regional/in-country networks preferred
- Demonstrated fluency with English and French speaking and writing skills; proficiency with other languages a plus
- Employment is conditional on the candidate having or obtaining the requisite authorization to live and work in that country.