To carry out Process discipline work, supporting a project team for oil & gas projects both Offshore and Onshore.
Could also be the designated focal point for projects involving Conceptual, Feed and Detailed Design and as such should be able to plan, budget, organize, and control an important segment of a very extensive and highly diversified engineering program.
Mentoring project team members, carrying out probation and competency reviews as required.
Identifying the specific training needs of team members will also be required.
Represent Process Engineering at Project and Corporate management meetings.
Extensive relevant experience, significant Brownfield modifications experience.
Fully conversant with local regulatory environment, and standard offshore international and national industry standards and specifications.
- Have at least a BSc/BEng in Chemical Engineering. In addition, a master’s degree or a Chartered Professional Engineering Certification would be advantageous.
- Experience of working on Onshore and Offshore projects is required.
- Must be able to work to agreed scope, budget, and schedule.
- Experience in Conceptual, FEED and detailed design is required.
- Process engineering design which conforms to appropriate HSE & legislative requirements and external codes and standards.
- Operational support/construction and commissioning.
- Negotiate for and obtain additional discipline resources where needed.
- Prepare and co-ordinate Process Engineering deliverables including Scope of Work, Data Sheets, Flow Diagrams and Technical Reports.
- Experience in dynamic and steady-state process/hydraulic simulation software would be an advantage.
- Compliance with client procedures and industry, international and Client Codes and standards.
- Maintain suitable records of correspondence and work completed for reference and auditing purposes.
- Must be eligible and willing to carry out site visits to other Middle Eastern locations representing Process Engineering Dept.
- Good oral and written communications essential.
- Strong team working ethic, enthusiastic and positive.
- Able to coach and mentor discipline engineers.
- Must have experience of managing a process team.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of the main safety-related Codes of Practice. Experience of the application of HAZOP, HAZID and SIL Rating to Process Design.
- A determination to continually improve safety in all aspects of plant design and operation.
- COREN Registration will be added advantage
- Skills: Process Engineering
- Experience: 12 + Years
- Education: B/Sc, Chemical Engineering
- Employment Type: 1 Years Contract Term (Renewable)
- Location: Lagos / Port Harcourt