· Organizes, assembles and maintains the contents of medical records in accordance with prescribed procedure and ensures completeness of patients' files;
· Analyzes medical records to ensure that all required information is documented and notes deficiencies for missing data to be completed by attending physicians or other staff
· Controls the retrieval and return of medical records to the file room
· Prepares and records material subpoenaed for court hearings and trials, and follows up to ensure their return to the central file room
· Abstracts information from medical records to compile reports and statistical information, as assigned.
· Contacts other hospital personnel for missing information or clarification to ensure accurate and complete documentation.
· Files, copies and performs related clerical duties for the maintenance of an effective medical records system
· Accesses protected health information (PHI) in accordance with departmental assignments and guidelines defining levels of access (i.e. incidental vs. extensive).
· Communicating and negotiating difficult issues with senior management and clinical staff.
· Improving the quality of the service financial planning.
· Ensuring quality standards are maintained providing.
· Advice and guidance to a range of people on all aspects of health records.