- Responsible for planning, implementing and coordinating effective and efficient HRM
- Responsible for all HR Administration group-wide.
- Responsible for identifying employment gaps and filling those gaps with the right resource.
- Responsible for facilitating high performance workforce by deploying quantitative performance management systems.
- Working closely with various departments, increasingly in a support role; assisting line managers to understand and implement policies and procedures.
- liaising with Heads of departments involved in policy areas such as staff performance and health and safety.
- Ensuring appropriate communication at all staff levels and cadres on the Management’s strategic direction.
- Timely recruiting staff by employing proven steps of developing job descriptions and person specifications, preparing job adverts, checking application forms, shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates.
- Developing and implementing policies on issues like working conditions, performance management, equal opportunities, disciplinary procedures and absence management.
- Preparing and updating staff handbook, company policies and strategies.
- Advising on pay and other remuneration issues, including promotion and benefits.
- Undertaking regular salary reviews by engaging Management when due.
- Negotiating with staff on issues relating to pay and conditions of employment.
- Administering payroll and adequately maintaining employee records.
- Interpreting and advising on employment law.
- Dealing with grievances and implementing disciplinary procedures.
- Developing HR planning strategies, which consider immediate and long-term staff requirements.
- Planning and sometimes delivering training - including inductions for new staff;
- Analyzing training needs in conjunction with departmental managers.
- Drive and manage change when required given the changing nature of business or economy.