As a service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and international education work, we are dedicated to shaping a future worth living around the world. GIZ has over 50 years of experience in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment promotion, energy and the environment, and peace and
security. The diverse expertise of our federal enterprise is
in demand around the globe – from the German Government, European Union institutions, the United Nations, the private sector and governments of other countries. We work with businesses, civil society actors and research institutions, fostering successful interaction between development policy and other policy fields and areas of activity. Our main commissioning party is the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
The registered offices of GIZ are inBonn and Eschborn. Our 19,506 employees, almost 70per cent of whom are national personnel, work in around 120 countries (December 2017).
GIZ has worked in Nigeria since 1974. From 2004, GIZ has maintained a country office in the capital city Abuja. Currently 280 national and 51 international employees
and 4 integrated specialists are working in the country (as of 31.12.2018).
The project `Support to the Supreme Audit Institution of Nigeria ́ aims at developing the capacity of the Office of the Auditor- General for the Federation (OAuGF) to audit IT-systems used by government, notably in the area of revenue collection.
The sharp drop in revenues from natural resources in Nigeria has indeed negatively impacted the country’s capacity to fund its development, and there is increased pressure to optimize revenue collection from other sources (e.g. VAT, Customs).
The OAuGF is a key player in the audit of state revenue, and through its audits, contributes to improved compliance and
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Support the Departments of Emerging Issues and Revenue audit in developing the necessary skills and capacities to audit IT-systems of the Nigerian federal government
- Provide technical advice in the audit process (e.g. planning, data collection, data analysis) in accordance with the International Standards of Supreme Audit Institutions
- (ISSAI) and regional guidance by the African Organisation of Supreme Audit Institutions (AFROSAI)
- Provide technical advice in devising and implementing an IT-audit strategy for the office
- Monitor progress towards implementation of the strategy
- Assess IT and revenue audit training needs and recommend how to address them
- Contribute to the enhancement of related methodology, approach, templates, and tools
- Facilitate trainings on IT-auditing
- Support the organization of trainings/ events
- Stay abreast with international and regional best practices and audit techniques and tools
- Support the overall management of GIZ support to OAuGF
Required qualifications, competences and experience:
- University degree in a related field (business
- administration, accounting, social sciences, law, economics)
- Professional qualification in Information Technology Audit such as CISA and professional qualification in Project
- Management e.g. PMP, Prince2
- Professional Experience:
- Alternatively at least 10 years of experience in working in Information Technology Audit using CAATS and in
- the use of analytical tools, ideally IDEA
- Very good knowledge of functioning and usage of
- Oracle databases as well as in the area of data analysis and/or big data
- Prior experience in auditing revenue systems for instance collections in custom administration
- (ASYCUDA) and Tax administration – ITAS (SIGTAS)
- automated system is an added advantage
- Advanced experience in organizing and facilitating trainings/ workshops
Other experiences and skills
- A great team player with excellent communication skills
- Experience in project management and monitoring
- Capacity to work independently
- Fluency in English is mandatory.
- The IT audit expert shall be independent from the auditees to avoid any conflict of interest in the context of the audit.
- Location information
- The IT- Audit expert will be based at the Office of the
- Auditor General for the Federation in Abuja.
You are kindly requested to submit your CV and letter of motivation as one document with complete contact details via
(Please include vacancy no.088 in mail subject)
GIZ Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer; both men and women are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.