Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact.
- The purpose of the Senior Grants Specialist position is to assist the DFA to manage and coordinate MSH Nigeria’s complex grants portfolio lending to a variety of Non-governmental organizations, faith based organizations, and community based organizations in order to strengthen health systems and improve health service delivery throughout Nigeria.
- Work closely with the supervisor to establish and follow a transparent grant process, and develop tools to implement the process, assuring that sound practices are applied at every stage of the grant process from guidelines to closeout.
- Draft solicitations, document subrecipient source selection and grant mechanism to be adopted. Issue Request for Application (RFA) Expression of interest (EOI) etc
- Evaluation - Coordinate the evaluation of application, and prepare a long list of proposed grantees for technical team review in line with the grant manual, collate evaluations scores document and prepare evaluation summary memo
- Responsibility Determination - Conduct Pre awards assessment, survey and due diligence checks for new partners, administer various assessment tools, collate reports and develop specific conditions for grant award as applicable
- Grant Award and Agreement - Develop and finalize grant agreement for all grantees and carry out modifications as applicable
- Liaising with the technical team facilitate grant start up/inception workshop for grantees, Prepare training sessions and conduct workshops in grants management , financial obligations, reporting management for grantees as necessary.
- Capacity building of team members.
- Ensure that systems are in place in country to ensure that grants operations are managed and staff act in full compliance with local laws, adhere to contract/award and donor requirements, and comply with MSH policies and standard operating procedures.
Systems are in place to:
- Ensure that appropriate staff members are aware of and understand laws, contract/award and donor requirements, and MSH policies and procedures
- Monitor and ensure compliance.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must have at least Master's degree in Business Administration/Finance/Accounting.
- At least 7 years’ relevant and progressive experience working on a USAID funded project.
- 3 years managerial experience.
- Superior analytical abilities result oriented nature and team working capabilities.
- Demonstrate good judgment and sound financial "practices".
- Understands the principals of adequate documentation and of audit, and performance necessary to ensure audit compliance.
- Advanced written and verbal proficiency in English including business terminology.
- Self-motivated, passionate, desire to learn and contribute adequately
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Ability to finish projects on time.