- Supporting the exploration team in subsurface (seismic interpretation/prospect evaluation) and commercial work in developing and maintaining Equinor’s operated and partner operated assets and provide company representation at license meetings and/or follow-up of asset management strategies.
- Be a link towards the authorities in relation to subsurface activities.
- Provide support in exploration activities (both new and existing business opportunities), including evaluation and continuous update of our subsurface understanding, valuation, and risk assessment
- Provide support to the preparation of decision documents and presentation of projects for decisions to relevant decision makers.
- Contribute to market and competitor analysis, commercial negotiations with authorities and partners in cooperation with other internal units.
- Keep continuously updated on developments in Nigeria regarding petroleum activities, legislation, politics, economics, competition, etc.
- Establish relationships with other relevant units in Equinor
- Establish, build and sustain relationships with key decision-makers and stakeholders in Nigeria, in both business and politics as well as with the oil and gas industry in general.
- Ensure HSE, ethical practices and technical integrity (Equinor’s “non-negotiables”)
- Minimum university education – Master's degree in geology/geophysics and with a sound commercial mindset would be the ideal candidate for this position.
- Relevant subsurface extensive experience in a similar role, preferably in the oil and gas industry
- Knowledge of oil & gas development and production in Nigeria preferred – with related personal network
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Relevant experience may compensate for formal qualifications
- 7 - 10 Years.
- Ability to identify with and represent the company in accordance with its values: courageous, open, collaborative and caring
- High level of personal integrity and high ethical standards
- High level influencing, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Business understanding, involvement and stakeholder engagement skills
- Proactively engages and challenges all commercial contributors
- Solid understanding of technical business development disciplines
- Self-motivated and independent, proactive and perseverant
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing circumstances
- Flexible and willing to travel to main office when needed
- Ability to perform and succeed under pressure
- Ability to live by our safety and security expectations.
- We offer competitive salaries, a general bonus scheme, good pension and insurance schemes and a comprehensive welfare package. Equinor wants to ensure diversity in terms of gender, age and culture.
- Your People at Equinor development plan is the starting point for planning your career development in Equinor. A dialogue with your leader around new opportunities and direction is the basis for the job(s) you apply for. Please fill in the fields in our recruitment system application form to the best of your ability. It is expected that you openly offer all relevant information about yourself during the recruitment process.
- All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law and increase security.
- Please note that this is a local position on local terms and conditions.