Reports to: Chief Technology Officer
Supervision: Chief Technology Officer
- Company’s Enterprise Engineering team is responsible for deploying and maintaining integrated, scalable, and robust enterprise applications. Internally, our team removes friction from employee’s lives and keep them secure, allowing them to focus on creating the biggest impact.
- We use a combination of open source and off-the-shelf technologies, but we are also open to developing a few tools internally to keep the business growing fast and our information safe. We anticipate, support and deliver on the needs of a large and unique workforce
- If you are passionate about technology, love to proffer end-to-end engineering solutions to complex business problems, live for amazing customer service and have the ability to thrive in fast-paced environment. We are looking for you!
- Lead a team of engineers on deployment of innovative solutions to streamline & automate critical business processes and maintain Company’s corporate IT infrastructure, application services, and enterprise software platforms and data pipelines.
- Develop, maintain and drive execution on 3-6 months, 12-18 months and 3-5 year roadmaps along with key operational metrics.
- Ensure system security, data integrity and accuracy of information across the business.
- Troubleshoot, and present custom solutions to any and all potential customer problems.
- Provide customer feedback in a timely manner to Product department to ensure future product development is aligned with clients’ needs.
- Manage projects, acting as technical advisor to clients.
- Support the development of cross-functional business processes; identify alternative solutions, assess feasibility, and recommend new approaches via technology enablement.
- Provide thought leadership in emerging technologies to the Solutions Architecture team.
- Support cloud and managed service provider partners in creating a cohesive solution across multiple organizations.
- Champion engineering excellence, establishing business metrics, and drive continuous operational improvement.
- Collaborate with technology and business teams to develop and maintain end-to-end project plans, ensuring on-time delivery, including drafting requirements, using and testing cases as well as support and escalation plans.
- Drive internal and external process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Provide strategic and operational oversight for IT tools, vendors and enterprise operations.
- Design and implement tools/framework to improve productivity and reinforce the security of the corporate infrastructure and IT systems.
- Communicate timelines, service dependencies, resource constraints and progress with key stakeholders quickly and effectively.
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans to ensure on-time delivery, effective risk management and change management on projects.
- Work in a heterogeneous environment containing diverse operating systems and applications, and make them work well together.
- Architect highly available, scalable, secure systems and Implement IT change management policies to ensure data integrity and system stability.
- Liaise with and offers strategic direction to related governance functions (such as Risk Management, IT, HR, Legal and Compliance) plus senior and middle managers throughout the organization as necessary, on information security matters such as routine security activities plus emerging security risks and control technologies.
- Leads the preparation and the implementation of necessary information security policies, standards, procedures and guidelines
- Lead the operation, support and maintenance of the Information Security Management System based on the ISO/IEC 27000 series standards, including maintaining our certification against ISO/IEC 27001.
- Design, deploy and maintain network/internet and cloud infrastructure across all office locations.
- Write and review code, develop documentation and capacity plans, and debug problems where required.
- Manage cross-functional technology projects in a matrixed organization with deep understanding of performance metrics to prioritize for the most business value/impact.
- Drive the continued development of our vendor management framework and manage relationships, contractual commitments, SLAs and governance processes for a set of vendors providing services to Enterprise Engineering.
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- 5-10 years of experience in Telecommunications, Data Center, Banking, Cloud or related industries
- 4+ years of experience building and/or maintaining Enterprise software/hardware systems in Telco, banking, consulting and internet businesses.
- 4+ years experience with setup and configuration of end-user work tools and corporate IT infrastructure.
- Technical expertise around analytical tools, methodologies, and design, and build vs buy trade-offs.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure like AWS, Azure, Google cloud and file sharing services such as Dropbox, OneDrive, iCloud or equivalent.
- Experience with Proven track record and experience in developing information security programs, policies, and procedures, including successful implementations in large enterprise environments.
- Strong knowledge of common information security management frameworks, such as ISO/IEC 27001, COBIT, NIST, CSA and deep knowledge and understanding of relevant legal and regulatory requirements/standards, including but not limited to: FERPA, HIPAA, COPPA, and PCI DSS.
- Knowledge of project management tools and methodologies and experience with roadmap prioritization in an agile environment (kanban, scrum, sprints).
- Experience working with a ticketing system such as Atlassian Jira, ServiceDesk, Asana, Remedy, ServiceNow, Zendesk or equivalent.
- Experience in understanding code bases, including API design techniques, best practices as documentation.
- Knowledge and direct experience using business intelligence reporting tools. (Tableau, MicroStrategy, Qlikview, Quicksight)
- Organizational, coordination and multi-tasking experience within in a 100+ user environment with ability to map dependencies and relationships between projects and technologies.
- Experience deploying and maintaining ERP, MIS and CRM systems within tech or tech-enabled businesses especially online advertising, e-commerce or any other internet business.
- Experience in configuration and maintenance of applications such as Apache, Nginx, Squid, DHCP, SSH, DNS,PFSense.
- Extremely sound knowledge of network fundamentals, operational and troubleshooting experience with Layer 2 Switching protocols.
- Experience with VPNs (DVMRP, GRE, IPSec/SSL VPNs,), Wireless (802.1a/b/g/n), Load-Balancing (GLB/SLB) or Multicast (PIM-SM, MSDP, IGMP).
- Able to code or script well in at least one language and ability to rapidly learn new languages, frameworks and APIs.
- Experience in managing relationships with cross-functional partners and IT vendors with sound knowledge of procurement and sourcing processes