- OND/HND/BSc. in any major.
- Requires a minimum of 8 years in the drilling industry.
- Must possess current well control certification, 1st Aid, CPR and Forklift/Manlift certificates.
- Ability to read, write and speak English to be able to understand verbal and written instructions as well as give them.
- Ability to use simple math to make job related calculations.
- Knowledge of top drive design and function.
- Able to work in high places for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb derrick structures with required PPE, climb tall flights of stairs, work out of a riding harness for lengthy periods of time and lift 50 lbs.
- Operate drilling equipment as instructed in the well program in a manner that complies with Company policies and procedures.
- Operate all equipment at the Driller's console in a safe manner; maintain a clean, tidy and hazard- free condition on the drill floor and associated area
- Monitor the well condition at all times (i.e. depth, mud weight, weight on bit.)
- Recognize, interpret and respond to down hole conditions
- Perform drilling- related operations such as directional drilling, working stuck pipe, running and cementing casing strings, coring, fishing, and assisting in wireline logging, well testing, and other special operations.
- Supervise and direct operations in the picking up or laying down of tubular and all drilling-related equipment
- Maintain accurate record of tubular and tool dimensions (i.e. internal and external diameter, fish neck, and serial numbers) Ensure that the solid control equipment and mud mixing operations are being monitored constantly
- Inform Toolpusher/Senior Toolpusher and Client Representative if a deviation from planned operation occurs
- Keep accurate records of fluid displacement when tubulars are run in/pulled out of well.
- Complete the daily drilling report at the end of each tour
- Hold pre-tour meeting with the drilling crew for all drilling operations.
- Secure the well during an emergency or well control situation; assist in the well-killing operations.
- Supervise the lubrication and maintenance of all drilling and associated equipment and ensure it is carried out in accordance with the Preventive Maintenance System (RMS).
- Maintain equipment files, drilling logs and records; perform all technical calculations required to carry out drilling operations Assist during the running and retrieving of marine risers and BOP stack
- Assist in the planning, organization and supervision of rig move operations