We are seeking suitably qualified high performing professionals to join our Financial Services assurance division. You will be involved in providing assurance services to our portfolio of international and local clients in the private, and public sectors of the economy. You will be responsible for the execution of the Adebola & Co. risk based audit approach and leading audit teams during the fieldwork. In addition, you will have the opportunity to provide a variety of non-assurance services to our clients.
Successful applicants will have the opportunity to develop their technical knowledge of private and public sector of the economy as well as having the opportunity to work with a number of high profile institutions.
The goal is to ensure the company is constantly moving towards fulfilling its short-term and long-term objectives and does not diverge from its strategic guidelines.
- The position reports to the Partner and will have direct responsibility for a number of audit teams as follows:
- Planning, organizing and executing Tax and Advisory services and assignments
- Preparing Annual Budget and monitoring performance
- Co-ordination and supervision of projects and sites
- Review of Audit, Tax an Advisory services files
- Training and capacity building for staff and clients
- Provide management over a portfolio of clients and deliver high quality audit and assurance service, including preparing and reviewing audit plans and work.
- Achieve team and individual budgets and business plan/ performance objectives.
- Manages project financials, including budgets, WIPS, timely billing and collection and variance recognition in collaboration with MP or Chairman.
- Payroll Management for the company and clients
- Tax consultancy and visitation to Tax offices
- Writing and supervision of Business Plan and financial projections preparation
- Rendering weekly, monthly and annual reports as may be required to the MP and a copy to the Chairman
- Securing referrals and repeat business
- Quality control as a member of the senior Management
- Maintain the highest technical and professional standard.
- Think strategically about client needs by understanding their business and key risks.
- Addresses situation before they come crises and develops solutions to avoid recurrence,
- Providing additional help and guidance to clients on a consultancy basis.
- Participants in the development of ways to meet client needs, contributes to proposal delivery.
- Identifying ways to maximize the relationship with clients and deliver added value.
- Monitor and control auditing staff.
- Takes a leadership role in professional, business or community organizations.
- Coach, train and develop auditing staff to upgrade their knowledge.
- Be seen as a role model for auditing professionals.
- Carry out practice management activities e.g. resourcing client billing etc.
- Undertake wider office activities, as required.
- Professional accounting qualification and/or a Bachelor degree and Master degree in Accounting
- ACCA or ACA
- FCIT or ACIT
- IFRS & IPSAS - attendance certificates.
- Not less than C4 in English Language plus literature in English will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 7 years post qualification as ACCA or ACA
- Not less than 5 years as an Audit Manager in a consulting firm.
- Experience of Government Accounting and private sector Accounting will be required for this position.
- Tax experience as an Administrator or consultant for at least 3 years
- Not More than 35 years
- Excellent Report writing skills
- Efficient computer and internet skills
- Ability to Multi-task and work without supervision as senior Auditor or Tax Expert and Business Advisor
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Supervisory & Training skills
- Audit & Review skills
- Advanced Spreadsheet skills
- Good communication and project management skills including leading teams of at least 5 team members.
- Full of positive mental attitude
- An entrepreneur
- Proactive and visionary
- A team leader
- Neat & well groomed
- Confident and courageous
- Highly organised and effective
- Disciplined and well cultured
- Stable and highly focused
- Loves and relates well with people
Salary ranges between per month Gross
Contributory Pension Scheme as per pension reform act 2014 (as amended)
Health Insurance for self, wife and four dependants
Annual Leave and leave allowance
Group Life Insurance
Payment of ICAN, ACCA or CIT dues and MPCE sponsorship
Opportunities for training in Nigeria
Opportunities to attend seminars and conferences outside Nigeria
Opportunity to work in an independent member firm of an International Association of Accountants and business Advisors with offices in more than 80 countries
The successful candidate has the partnership opportunity based on performance, loyalty, commitment and focus
Successful candidates must be available to resume on or Before 1st September 2018
Location: Lekki Phase 1 (Open to relocation)