Required Education & Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree or minimum HND Business Administration, Organisational Development or any commercial related area.
- 5 or more years of experience in learning and development and/ or any similar combination of education and experience.
- A Master’s degree or relevant post graduate degree is an added advantage
- Projects Management Certification
- Ability to research, create original content for facilitators guides, workbooks, hand-outs, newsletters, blogs, website and educational materials
- Research & content development skills
- Duties & Attributes
- Lead the development of external retail strategy, plan, and budget developed in line with the company’s strategic and operating plans.
- Galvanize positive and appropriate external stakeholder relations, building local and international brand equity, business development, and relationship management.
- Ensure efficient and effective marketing, business and promotional planning for the retail segment, sourcing, managing and implementing new business opportunities.
- Work hand in hand with the management and HOD L&D to conceptualization project implementation strategies, its management, work plan and implementation process.
- Responsible for the design, development of a framework & for delivering on retail products, training & vocational courses.
- Responsible for ensuring proper preparation, referencing/development of proposals, tenders and expression of interest documents end to end.
- Ensure appropriate Report writing on projects managed, within the agreed concept and ensure submissions within specified timelines.
- Support the identification and development of strategic alliances to further improve the Company’s reputation and image as a thought leader.
- Prospect for potential new clients by networking, cold calling, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential clients and turn this into increased business.
Competencies and Skills
- Strong project and program management skills
- Proven needs assessment and gap analysis skills
- Strong drive for results & willing to travel.
- Excellent Presentation skills
- Networking, Persuasion and Prospecting skills
- Builds positive relationships across organizations that foster a strong work environment
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Facilitation experience focused on personal and business leadership at individual, team and business levels
- Bright and confident personality.
- Flexible and mature approach with the ability to work unsupervised
- Must possess excellent leadership skills
- Knowledge of Project Management principles or Prince 2 certification is a bonus