Audeo is a growing professional services firm in Lekki, Lagos that helps small businesses succeed. We provide Management Accounting, People & Compliance and Business Performance Services to Small and Medium Scale Businesses. We currently service clients from several industries such as Pharmacy & Medicine, Logistics, Beauty, Technology and Business Services.
Our workforce is predominantly female as we actively seek to recruit and develop women.
We are looking to hire a Senior Associate with an analytical mind and fantastic organizational skills. This role expects you to be detail oriented, have strong problem-solving skills, work comfortably under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines. The Senior Associate is afforded the opportunity to undertake more challenging assignments, clients, staff responsibilities relating to Accounting Services. As this role is client facing, we place heavy emphasis on presentation, ability to communicate effectively and giving timely feedback. Strong decision-making skills, self - motivation and team spirit are qualities that are highly valued and rewarded at Audeo.
In this role, you will be responsible for the mentoring and development of junior colleagues, as well as ensuring that their work meets quality requirements at all times.
This role is on a Partnership track.
Major Responsibilities & Duties:
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Obtain a thorough understanding of generally accepted accounting & auditing standards and common audit procedures and techniques and ensure adherence with them.
- Supervise, train and mentor associates and interns on accounting processes
- Acquire a working knowledge of the client’s business.
- Proactively interact with key client’s management to gather information, resolve problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
- Perform other job-related duties as necessary.
- Manage accounting assistants and bookkeepers
- Provide input into the Firm’s goal setting process
- Assist with tax audits and tax returns
- Plan, assign and review staff’s work
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
Requirements & Qualifications:
Relevant certification (e.g CIMA, ACCA, ICAN)