Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
- The position is based in Monguno, Borno State and reports directly to the OFDA Project Manager
- The Sector Manager is responsible for monitoring and supporting the successful implementation of WASH projects in Borno State according to the project objectives.
Task and Responsibilities
- Ensure appropriate design, construction and implementation of WASH hardware according to technical standards as well as proper maintenance and use of WASH equipment mostly in health facilities.
- Design, estimate and provide B&Q of the water and sanitation activities to be undertaken in coordination with the officers, report immediately any changes required in design and cost beyond the scope of the approved budget.
- Implements, in the framework of projects, the mission’s WASH strategy taking into account the key internal and external documents: Action Against Hunger charter, strategic framework, policies amongst others.
- Ensure that all data and information are updated, well organized and easily accessible including the capitalization of lessons learnt and best practices.
- Analyze and report on the evolving humanitarian needs and provide clear recommendations for interventions.
- Conducts needs assessments.
- Participate in the definition of the WASH strategy for Action Against Hunger as well as identification and design of potential new intervention areas.
- Degree in Engineering or Public Health Degree (Bachelors or equivalent/higher).
- Additional training courses specific to WASH in development contexts (such as bioforce Institute graduate), and/or Program Management professional certifications, strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant working experience in a WASH management/supervisory capacity.
- Strong computer literacy, organizational and planning skills, report writing, budget oversight.
- Commitment to upholding Action Against Hunger’s values, excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible.
- Capacity to analyze and resolve problems including taking appropriate action.
- Ability to share information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to define goals, realistic and specific objectives.
- Capacity to establish priorities in order to achieve expected results.
- Advert may close before the due date, once we have received applications from qualified candidates
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.