Job responsibilities include:
- answering calls, taking messages and handling correspondence.
- maintaining diaries and arranging appointments.
- typing, preparing and collating reports.
- organising and servicing meetings (producing agendas and taking minutes).
- managing databases.
- prioritising workloads.
- implementing new procedures and administrative systems.
- liaising with relevant organisations and clients.
- coordinating mail-shots and similar publicity tasks.
- logging or processing bills or expenses.
- acting as a receptionist and/or meeting and greeting clients.
- if more senior, recruiting, training and supervising junior staff.