Sellafield Energy Resources Limited is a leading provider of resources and services to Nigeria's energy sectors. The company has within a short time emerged as a reference point in the sourcing and provision of personnel, technology, equipment and general materials, amongst other critical resources to our growing number of clients in oilfields and power plants operations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The SecondMate assists the Master in vessel operations and has whatever duties delegated to him/her by the Master:
- Assist theChief Officer and learn all aspects of his duties with a view to eventual promotion.
- Work under the Master and Chief Mate's supervision.
- Traincadets and deck crew.
- Work on deck as required.
- Keep chart corrections up to date and recorded.
- Assist in mooring and unmooring of the vessel in port and at offshore locations.
- Line reporting and functional linkages
- This position will report directly to the Master and to the Chief Mate.
- The SecondMate DPO shall be holding an OOW Unlimited license as a minimum requirement.
- Chief Mate license would be an asset.
- The SecondMate DPO shall have at least one (1) year offshore experience in the position.
- Experience on MPSV vessels.
Key skills and behaviours:
- Organization skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Initiative to take on responsibilities and challenges
- Attention to detail.
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.