Reports to: Director of Schools
- Maintaining physical and digital personnel records like employment contracts
- Update internal databases with new hire information
- Create and distribute guidelines and FAQ documents about school policies
- Gather payroll data like bank accounts and working days
- Publish and remove job advert
- Managing school supplies stock and placing orders
- Preparing regular financial and administrative reports
- Administration, maintenance, and updates of school databases
- Schedule job interviews and contact candidates as needed
- Prepare reports and presentations on HR-related metrics like total number of hires by the school over a period
- Develop training and onboarding material, including continuous training programme and linked to staff KPI
- Organize a filing system for important and confidential school documents
- Answer queries by employees and parents
- Update school policies as needed
- Maintain a school calendar and schedule appointments
- Book meetings and allocate rooms and spaces as required
- Distribute and store correspondence (e.g. letters, emails and packages)
- Respond to employees’ questions about benefits (for example, number of vacation days they’re eligible for and other enquiries)
- Daily Staffing Operations through involvement in the day-to-day staffing of the school system and assisting other administrative staff with personnel issues.
- Prepare reports and presentations with statistical data, as assigned
- Arrange travel and accommodations
- Schedule in-house and external events
- Support School Employees and Serve as the liaison between teachers, staff and school administrators.
- Administrative Support through working closely with the school administration and reporting directly to the Director of Schools. Also interprets contract information, policies, procedures, and compliance information to staff. Additionally, attend board meetings and meet regularly with school board members.
- Record Keeping by collecting and keeping all kinds of employment records by taking charge of updating and maintaining several files and creating reports. And also be the minute-taker at meetings to keep record of changes or updates that affect staff duties and employment.
- Overall provision of administrative support to the School
- Prepare, minute take and hold responsibility for the completion of actions and undertaking the appropriate follow up after meetings on progressing actions
- Support the school operations in registration planning and liaise with the marketing and admissions units on the production of registration schedules for the academic year
- Support the school operations in the production and administration of student orientation and induction plans (including dedicated late orientation) for the academic year and ensuring the timely distribution of same to all relevant stakeholders
- Liaise with the School Management to ensure the staffing of inductions is complete
- Administer school stock keeping practice of resources and storage of learning resources.
- Facility management of all repair and maintenance work, including scheduled cleaning, repair and maintenance activities across the entire school facility.
- Including other Human Resource and Administrative job requirements that may be assigned to the staff from time to time
- Proven work experience as an HR & Admin Officer or similar role
- Familiarity with Human Resources processes and procedures
- Knowledge of labour legislation
- Experience using office management software like MS Office (MS Excel and MS Word, specifically)
- Organizational skills and solid knowledge of school procedures with a problem-solving attitude will be an advantage
- Service oriented, Good verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail
- BSc in Human Resources Management or relevant field will be an advantage
Working Hours: Normal working hours are 7.30am – 6.00pm.
From time to time there may be a requirement to work on some Saturdays.