A reputable educational institution seeks to fill the above position with a suitable and qualified person.
NB: Applicants are welcome from Ogun state and Lagos state
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Counsels and guides students and parents towards common goals on post-secondary school selection and admission by:
- Developing schedules to help the student select, apply, and be admitted to colleges and universities
- Evaluating the student’s academic and social growth, making recommendations for exams and university pathways to help with successful applications.
- Managing students’ and families’ expectations throughout the process
- Providing course and activity recommendations to students
- Ensures deadlines are met and work with teachers to write and upload strong letters of recommendation
- Assists student with standardized test registration and management
- Represents the School at various events, speaking to current and prospective students and families about the services
- Engages in relevant professional associations
- The candidate must hold at least a Bachelor’s degree from a foreign institution.
- Experience in applying to foreign schools
- Applicant must be willing to shuffle between the Lagos Office and Mowe(Ogun State) Office
- Significant experience counselling and supporting students through the post-secondary selection, application, admission, and financial aid process
- Two or more years of experience as a post-secondary counsellor or university admissions officer or other related experience
- Excellent communication skills, supportive attitude, and passion for guiding and advising university-bound students
- The ideal candidate will possess or demonstrate the following: a growth mindset, self- motivation, positive energy, strong interpersonal skills, a service-oriented and team approach to work, approachability, openness to new and divergent ideas, excellent oral and written communication skills, and comfort in an educational setting where children and adults are present.
- Applicants should submit their current resume/CV and a cover letter detailing their interest in and experience for this role.