At Imagine!, we believe learning is doing and while we offer several opportunities for learning, we also demonstrate the application of knowledge and encourage the children to discover it for themselves under the guidance of our caring and competent personnel. Our mission is to provide an exceptional quality of education and childcare through a wealth of learning opportunities that exposes them to the world as they see it.
Job Description/Main Responsibilities
- To be a member of the management team and to contribute to the strategic planning, monitoring, evaluation and development of Imagine!
- To be responsible at all times for high standards of care of children
- To order and maintain equipment and resources
Supervision / Management of People:
- The Administrator will identify staff training needs and facilitate training opportunities.
- From time to time there may be a requirement to manage the work of staff who are appointed for supply work.
Creativity and Innovation:
- The Administrator will have a key role in planning and monitoring of the centre and implementing essential policies and procedures. This will require creative thought together with an informed understanding of statutory requirements and best practice for childcare.
- The Administrator must work to Imagine!’s policies about Keeping Children Safe, Equal Opportunities, Data Protection and Confidentiality.
- The Administrator will need to understand and implement the policies and procedures (for example for Health and Safety) in relation to staff, buildings and resources.
Contacts and Relationships:
- The Administrator will be expected to build good working relationships at every level. Working in partnership with parents and families is highly valued and the Administrator must be approachable, friendly and able to communicate effectively at all times.
- At all times the Administrator will be expected to respect the confidentiality of sensitive family information (subject to child protection policies and procedures).
- The Administrator will work closely with the Director and other members of the management team. Information and guidance will be readily available; however, the Administrator will be expected to work autonomously in relation to the day to day management of the center.
- The role requires the confidence to make day to day decisions thoughtfully and with a high degree of sensitivity to the needs of children and families.
- The Administrator will be expected to make recommendations and proposals about service developments and changes, but not to make decisions about substantive changes to Imagine!
- The Administrator will have day to day responsibility for the planning of care in the school and for the use of other resources.
- He/She will also be responsible for ensuring that the school’s provision is clean, safe and welcoming for children and staff.
- The Administrator will be a key holder for the vision and mission of Imagine!
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge, understanding and practical experience of care for young children
- Knowledge and practical understanding of child development and parenting
- Knowledge and understanding of legislation and regulations relating to day care for young children and the inspections process for approval of day care settings
- Knowledge and ability to create and implement policies and procedures consistent with legislation, regulations and local requirements
- Able to work independently and to manage own time efficiently
- Experience of managing, supervision and appraisal of staff
- Ability to develop an effective team
- Warm and caring personality - friendly and approachable to families
- Ability to create and implement basic systems for child records and financial records.
- The Administrator will need to demonstrate effective time and resource management to meet the planned needs of children and families and any anticipated demands that might be reasonably foreseen.
- The Administrator will need to be attentive to a planned timetable whilst retaining the flexibility to be accessible and available to parents and staff.
- The Administrator will need to make judgements about the delegation of tasks and responsibilities to staff in the school.
- The work requires normal physical effort. It may occasionally involve lifting and handling of training equipment, play equipment and other resources and to be involved in practical activities and physical care of young children.
- The Administrator is mainly office based, but will be expected to attend meetings & training in other places
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.