We are looking for an Accountant to manage all financial transactions, from fixed payments and variable expenses to bank deposits and budgets.
Accountant responsibilities include auditing financial documents and procedures, reconciling bank statements and calculating tax payments and returns.
Provide accurate quantitative information on financial position, liquidity and cash flows of our business, while ensuring compliance with all tax regulations.
- Track revenue ie Tution, uniform sales etc
- Post all receipts on peachtree
- Reconcile tuition to bank statement
- Reconcile stock sales eg uniforms to stock
- Generate debtors list after reconciliation for the two principals and the ED
- Conduct stock taking every three months and propose write of to enable correction of irregularities
- Follow up on debts and ensure zero by middle of the term
- Manage all accounting transactions
- Prepare budget forecasts
- Publish financial statements in time
- Handle monthly, termly and annual closings
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Ensure timely bank payments
- Prepare payroll
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns
- Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements
- BSc in Accounting, Finance or relevant degree
- Must be Female
- Work experience as an Accountant
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Previous experience with bookkeeping
- A flair for spotting numerical mistakes.
- Hands-on experience with accounting software like Peachtree and QuickBooks
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Experience with general ledger functions
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
- Additional certification is a plus