Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates.
- The SILC Specialist will be responsible for supporting the SILC component of the project in Adamawa and Borno states. S/he will also manage the SILC component of the project with a focus on mentoring and coaching of the SILC field agents and supervisors. S/he will ensure that all activities related to SILC in the northeast are implemented according to agreed standards and protocols. S/he will also provide general support to recovery and resilience programming in the northeast. S/he will report to the Agriculture and Livelihoods Adviser but maintain dotted line relationship with the Program Manager, Adamawa state.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Proactively contribute to strategic thinking on SILC issues for Feed the Future Nigeria Integrated Agriculture Activity program implementation.
- Oversee the development/review and timely implementation of SILC project work plans and activities, by ensuring the active engagement of all partner organizations
- Provide direct technical assistance to implementing partners to ensure technical soundness and high quality SILC programming.
- Develop technical tools and materials to support SILC projects in the early recovery and resilience programs portfolio.
- Promote the project and the SILC PSPs (Paid Service Providers) to community stakeholders
- Lead the recruitment/replacement process for field agents in the northeast
- Lead the training of field agents on SILC methodology
- Monitor, coach and provide feedback to FAs to develop their skills
- Ensure the quality of SILC groups through regular field visits and spot checks
- Organize and facilitate project events with local leaders, agents and groups, as needed
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of agent reporting
- Review data collection forms and MIS reports and act to improve project performance.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree in Business Management, Cooperative Management, Agricultural Economics or development studies
- Three years of working experience in development or savings and loans programs – including focus on at least one of the following sectors – income generation and livelihoods
- Previous experience with working with local partners (capacity building)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent training and facilitation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with participatory methods and partnerships
- Excellent English language oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in Hausa language as well as experience with northern Nigerian communities.
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: Agriculture and Livelihoods Adviser, Ag-Livelihoods Program Manager, MEAL team, Integrated Agriculture Activity component 2 team lead, and other team leads
- External: Project consortium staff, government workers, community leaders.
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.