Job Summary: The sales Manager will champion the brand innovation and communication strategies for product differentiation within the agribusiness sector that is grounded in deep consumer, product, and market understanding.
Summary of Expectations:
- Develop the sales strategy that delivers first on the agreed numbers, secondly on the agreed numbers and lastly on the agreed numbers!
- Develop and drive key brand, category or portfolio initiatives that effectively reach and connect with target consumers.
- Develop and drive a product differentiation strategy that effectively delivers optimum product potentials.
- Develop and drive a product packaging initiative that is consistent with brand communications and global standards.
- Champion product penetration and activation strategies that captures market share, while Ensuring all brand communications are consistent with strategic brand positioning. Innovation
- Articulates concept statements for innovation and use researched-based market and consumer needs to prioritize ideas.
- Develop novel strategies that articulates and shifts consumers focus and demand towards the concept of healthy living using organic Agric products. Brand Communication
- Executes clear objectives for brand communication and a vision for short-run and long-term success.
- Participates in annual brand planning process to set a fully integrated marketing plan and programming utilizing the full marketing mix of advertising, promotions, and trade, working with the Brand Activation and Trade Marketing teams. Pricing
- Analyzes market data to recommend pricing objectives and strategies for key product categories.
- Apply price modeling information to manage price. Utilize product, pack configurations and brand architecture to exploit price ladder.
- Participates in pricing audits to evaluate opportunities to extract maximum value from the market.
Skills and Abilities:
- Passionate, strategic, breathes ownership and Leadership.
- Excellent stakeholder management and relational skills
- Interpersonal relational skills, highly diplomatic and yet result focused.
- Ability to think strategically and holistically and to appreciate the systemic impact of various policies, issues and solutions
- Strong understanding of the dynamics of the peculiar markets/customer environments in which the Company plays i.e. the agricultural sector.
- Strong business acumen and ability to identify and convert opportunities.
- Strong awareness and understanding of local regulations related to private sector businesses with emphasis on Agric. Business.
- Political correctness, tact and ability to foster and sustain relationships with customers and other stakeholders.
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholder relationships and develop business opportunities along the Agric Business value chain.
Education and Experience:
- First degree in Marketing or an equivalent field.
- 6+ years of goal-oriented marketing experience with proven track record, of which at least two (2) must have been at an executive/strategic management level.
- Experience translating marketing strategies into tactical plans with successful implementation.
- Experience and track record in a recognized FMCG company will be an added advantage.
- An MBA or equivalent and other relevant training programs and courses would be an added advantage.
- The company is determined to attract the best possible candidate for this position and has designed an attractive win- win compensation package accordingly.
- The position may require relocation of the successful applicant to the Farm community which is adequately equipped with staff residence and the warmth of the host community, which is a friendly rural-urban community with excellent lifestyle facilities suitable and easily adaptable for relocation