- The sales executive communicates with prospective guests to persuade them to book a room at the hotel.
- One sales method consists of telephone calls, conversing with leads in an effort to convince guests to book one or several rooms.
- Hotel sales executive pursues all leads generated by marketing efforts, including inquiries through email, social media, the hotel's website, and online hotel booking sites.
- As well as individual leads, hotel sales managers respond to requests for proposals to win the right to provide hotel services for organizations that travel frequently or require rooms to host conferences.
- While the main goal of all hotel sales executives revolves around booking rooms and services, maintaining the hotel's guest service culture and the image is another vital aspect of the job.
- Friendly, professional behavior and appearance create a positive, welcoming atmosphere that increases the chance of repeat business and referrals. Hotel sales executives also contribute to training, budgeting, and marketing plans that increase bookings and profitability.
- Other duties include filing paperwork, maintaining computer databases and communicating guest requirements to all departments of the hotel.
- Identifies business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry; researching and analyzing sales options.
- Maintains relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities; recommending profit and service improvements.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
Education & Experience
- Secondary School Diploma; 4 years experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
- Diploma/Degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel & Restaurant Management, or related programs.
- 2 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
- Group sales experience
- 4-year university degree; previous experience in proactive lead generation in hospitality and sales discipline; knowledge of property-specific business segments (e.g. group, catering, transient); knowledge of the hospitality industry.