A great career progression opportunity for a seasoned Sales Engineer has arisen within our company. We are a very prestigious organization that specializes in the Sales, services, and distribution of original engineering products/spares and is a leading player in this sector.
- Joining a driven and successful team, you will be selling to buyers, maintenance engineers, stores managers and you will be calling on manufacturing and service industries throughout the region. There are also opportunities to develop sales with small OEM's looking for a 'one stop shop' for engineering components, spares and consumables.
- You will be responsible for developing business, predominantly within our existing customer base in conjunction with our local sales teams in the region. At the same time you will be responsible for growing sales of products in strategic, focus accounts throughout the region.
- You will also be engaging with key suppliers for technical and commercial support and identifying potential service opportunities that align to customer needs.
What you'll need to succeed
You should have a proven track record with good knowledge of developing sales of bearings, power transmission products (belts, pulleys, couplings etc) or fluid power (pumps). You should have excellent customer service and communication skills, with strong rapport and relationship building skills. You should be a self-starter with drive and ambition to succeed in this role.
- Candidates must stay: Live on the Mainland in Lagos.
- Working Hours: 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday and Saturdays (9am – 2pm) when necessary.
- Traveling: Job may require travelling to meet with customers.
- Candidate should have a good first degree in Engineering - OND or HND or B Eng.
- Candidate must have useful work experience in a similar industry and a track record of sales performance and customer clientele to prove this.
- Strong product, technical, and some application, customer, market and competition knowledge
- Computer literate – Excel/Access/Word/Powerpoint
- Strong communication skills
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to work with people by phone/E-mail in other locations, embracing diversity and inclusion
- Fault finding and problem-solving ability
- Attention to detail when required but also awareness of the importance of speed and efficiency
- Self - motivated individual who can multi-task, meet customer deadlines whilst maintaining a high quality of work
- The individual will be expected to develop his / her commercial awareness, application, market and competition awareness with more experienced members of the team
- The person must be a strong communicator in both written and oral format
- The individual must be prepared to manage, take ownership and responsibility for projects and see them through to successful completion