As the public face of the company the Sales Associate is responsible for dealing with any and all customer enquiries about the products and services of the company. A Sales Associate is expected to be continuously updating their knowledge of the company products, services, and policies.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Improving engagement with merchandise and providing outstanding customer service.
• Operating cash registers, managing financial transactions, and balancing drawers.
• Achieving established goals.
• Directing customers to merchandise within the store.
• Superior product knowledge.
• Maintaining an orderly appearance within and outside the sales floor.
• Introducing promotions and opportunities to customers.
• Cross-selling products to increase purchase amounts.
Skills and Abilities
• Adequate knowledge of sales practices
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Good organizational and time management skills
• Must be able to multitask and work under pressure
• Basic Knowledge of Microsoft office tools
• Honest and dependable
• Shows utmost commitment and possess an ownership attitude
Education and Experience:
• Minimum of an OND/BSc. /HND with 5 years working experience.
• Minimum of two (2) years experience, in a similarly structured organization.
• Experience and track record in a recognized FMCG company will be an added advantage.