- Responsibility for sales and marketing in Process Systems Product Area Industrial Processing (IP).
- Sales to major customers and maintain important and sustainable relationship with key stakeholders like Service Organization, Sales agents network, HMOs etc.
- Identify and develop modern trade businesses in the area of responsibility.
- Prospect new customers and investigate who have stopped buying
- Develop existing customers to their full potential for all valid products.
- Actively promote new products.
- Secure professional processing of inquiries, orders and complaints.
- Follow up offers, negotiate and get orders in accordance with the value based selling concept.
- Customers’ quotation up to N150m per month.
- Maintain and develop the relationship with customers through regular contacts and visits and other specific promotional activities.
- Know the needs of prospective and existing customers, maximize their satisfaction, anticipate their requirements, and be a driving force of the innovation process of our customers.
- Keep all information of customers and suppliers updated in corresponding systems following internal guidelines.
- Follow up on credit limits and overdue.
Develop Strategy to Grow Brand in West Africa:
- Collect and report market intelligence concerning e.g. price levels, competitor activities, market trends, etc.
- Prepare customer events.
- Participate in selected exhibitions and fairs based on directives from the Managing Director.
- 30-50% travel time envisaged with this job after the initial market research during 6months/1year.
Be a Team Builder and contributor to JSMC Brand:
- It is furthermore expected that the Sales Manager will promote the company at every opportunity, enhancing its profile in the market place.
- Work as an effective team member within the company as a whole, especially within the sales area team, thereby optimizing communication and eliminating scope for error and misunderstanding.
- At all times take a pro-active approach to selling, actively chasing business and pursuing inquiries and leads on behalf of the company.
- Constantly improve own technical knowledge.
- Be willing to adopt new ways of working and to pursue learning and development programs upon request.
- Deputizing colleagues (inside as well as on the field).
Qualification & Requirements
- University Degree BSc or Master’s degree (Sales and Marketing related field).
- Knowledge in business economies of major West African countries like Nigeria, Ghana, Togo, etc.
- Written and spoken English and little knowledge of French.
- A keen interest for people taste for, and skills in interpersonal contact (contact with the new prospects, regular exchanges with the firm Partners and the marketing team, with the press…).
- Self-motivated and independent.
- Excellent sense of client service target, process and action oriented, with a good understanding of customer priorities.
- Pro-activity, autonomy and sense of initiative.
- Sense of confidentiality.
- A desire to succeed with a sales mission.
- A “hunting spirit” i.e. a desire to trace new business despite problems and resistance.
- Substantial knowledge of the PC and related computer programs.
- Knowledge and a minimum of 5 years of experience from roles within sales and marketing.