Responsible to safeguard assets by identifying inadequate, inefficient and ineffective internal controls; identifying risks and recommending mitigation measures and improvements.
Ensure full compliance with the Internal Control Manual, Policies, and Procedures around the processes of Procure to Pay, Sales to Collect, IT & Network, Legal & Corporate Governance.
Act as a local relay of the corporate business control team to foster all group related initiatives.
(IPE Factors: Impact & Innovation)
- Assess risks, review and assist in the development of policies and procedures, ensure their implementation and monitor compliance around the processes assigned
- Plans and executes internal control reviews through peer reviews and any other assessments by understanding organization objectives, structure, policies, processes, internal controls, and external regulations; identifying risk areas; preparing the scope and objectives around the processes assigned
- Assesses compliance with all applicable regulations by ensuring that the controls in place cover the risks assessed by the regulators around the processes assigned
- Closely monitor internal controls around the following processes assigned: Procure to Pay, Sales to Collect, IT & Network, Legal & Corporate Governance
- Participate or organise periodic meetings with risk function, revenue assurance and process managers. The objective is to coordinate internal control activities with other functions, share information and create synergies to reinforce internal control
- Performs risk management and fraud prevention and investigations
- Identify high risk areas & processes for leakages and establish methods for detection, measurement & monitoring
- Coordinate internal and external auditing activities
- Other tasks as may be delegated
REPORTING AND SCOPE
(IPE Factor: Knowledge-Teams & Breadth)
Direct reports - 1
The position reports to the Head of Finance
The scope of the position is domestic
WORK/BUSINESS CONTACTS AND AUTHORITY
(IPE Factor: Communication)
Internal: All staff in the terminal though primarily with staff in Finance
(IPE Factor: Knowledge)
Requires a Bachelor/Master’s degree in related discipline
- Must be a Qualified (Chartered) Accountant or Finance Professional
- Must have Revenue Assurance, Internal Control and Risk related experience
- Must have a good understanding and working knowledge of accounting specific software (preferably IFS).
- Requires proficiency in various software applications and programs, specifically EXCEL spreadsheets.
- Must be very good at report presentation using high-tech visuals
- Requires a minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience
- Must possess leadership skills
- Should be fluent in spoken and written English
- Must possess excellent organizational skills, very detail-oriented and great at handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Should possess good networking, interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills
- Must be able to handle company information with confidentiality and discretion
- Should be able to handle pressure and meet deadlines
LEARNING & CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
In this position, the incumbent will have an opportunity to acquire skills and knowledge in the following areas:
Terminal Operating and Accounting Systems
Relevant next career steps might be:
Higher role in Finance