- Responsible for Well design, planning, monitoring, and providing technical support for daily drilling operations
- Responsible for communication with sub-surface team and other disciplines to produce a Well design which is fully functional for “life of well”, and meets all objectives.
- Responsible for producing a Well design which is compliant with all government/regulatory requirements, and in keeping with asset integrity as it relates to the environment and personal safety
- Responsible for tracking daily well-cost and daily drilling progress.
- Review offset wells and identify risks and hazards, as well as best practices
- Working with the supply chain department in the identification and monitoring of the performance of service providers
- Visit the drilling rig during critical operations as needed
- Responsible for drilling optimization by leading and documenting after-action reviews to identify best practices and lessons learned.
- Responsible for surveillance of peers, and learning and applying new technology for the purpose of drilling optimization and continuous improvement.
- Gather and organize information such as equipment specifications, government regulations, operating agreements, permit approvals, technical publications, guidelines and reports
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering.
- Minimum of 7 years experience as a drilling engineer
- Knowledge of sound engineering principles and ability to apply them to a Well design.
- Must have a working knowledge of government regulations and permitting requirements
- Must be strongly committed to safety and protection of the environment
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.