A firm in the hospitality sector seeks qualified candidates to fill this role
- Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.
- Answer customers' questions, and provide information on procedures or policies.
- Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
- Greet customers entering establishments.
- Assist customers by providing information and resolving their complaints.
- Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas.
- Establish or identify prices of goods, services, or admission, and tabulate bills, using calculators, cash registers, or optical price scanners
- Assist with duties in other areas of the store.
- Stock monitoring
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
- Calculate total payments received during a time period, and reconcile this with total sales and accountant.
- Keep periodic balance sheets of amounts and numbers of transactions.
- Compute and record totals of transactions.
- Sort, count, and wrap currency and coins.
- Issue and redeem coupons.
- Pay company bills by cash, vouchers, or cheques.
- Post charges against guest accounts.
- Request information or assistance using paging systems or tabs.
- Process merchandise returns and exchanges.
- Sell tickets and other items to customers.
- Compile and maintain non-monetary reports and records.