We are an Institute for Research is a not-for-profit organization limited by guarantee. The Institute’s primary mission is to promote positive change through conducting rigorous, high quality evidence-based research, building research capacity and effectively engaging stakeholders with our research findings.
In the next five years, our research will focus on Strengthening Institutions in the public sector, and Leadership. The research will try to uncover how Nigeria got where it is and the processes and conditions for strengthening institutions. Research papers will provide not only insights but also specific policy recommendations for building stronger institutions in Nigeria.
To achieve our goals, we are building partnerships with international faculty (subject matter experts) and institutions not only to conduct the research but very importantly, to build local capacity to carry out rigorous, ethical research. We are also building partnerships with Associations, NGOs, and other bodies who can lobby for change with our research results.
Our Institute is putting together a team of researchers who were trained in the best PhD schools and traditions. We are looking for people who have a passion for research and who would like to see the positive impact of their research on the Nigerian/African environment.
We are looking for candidates who have a passion for research and want to make a positive difference in Africa through relevant, rigorous and ethical research
- Development of Reports, Case Studies, and Articles for the practitioner and academic audiences
- Identify appropriate research methodologies, designs and methods
- Collect and analyze field data
- Prepare materials for submission to granting agencies and foundations
- Act as project manager for a number of research projects
- Write literature reviews that are publishable
- Prepare, maintain, and update website materials
- Prepare progress reports of research projects for the Principal Investigator and funding agency
- Assist in the presentation of research results at different fora
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Principal Investigator and Research Director
- First class or 2:1 in Political Science, Public Policy, or any of the Social Sciences
- A distinction graded Masters is an added advantage
- Experience with specialized software and datasets
- Publications is an added advantage