We are looking for a passionate and self-motivated individual to fill the position of reporter/blogger. In this position, you will participate in the creative cycle of a news story by investigating and writing rich and unbiased “scoops”. This is an extremely exciting opportunity for an ambitious writer. The position is flexible, which means you set your own time. We also allow you to work from home.
- Writing/researching/posting articles
- Gathers and verifies factual information through interview, observation, and research.
- Writing content for weekly newsletters
- Pitching story ideas based on trending themes/topics on similar pages
- Assist our video production team with preparing interview questions and scripts
- Learning the ins & outs of social media marketing (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Assist marketing team
- Creating editorial content
- Combing the internet and world for story leads.
- Excellent Writing skills
- Sound knowledge of the internet, strong reporting and fact-checking skills
- Ability to use social media, especially Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Knowledge of current music, film, and culture
- An open mind and the ability to entertain conflicting opinions
- Ability to gather, write and edit news
- Computer proficiency (MS Office, digital editing, web search, databases)
- Excellent communication, lobbying and active listening skills
- Diploma/ BS degree
Perks + Benefits:
- Flexible hours.
- Remote Position. Work from home.
- If interested, send your resume and one-page sample writing (politics or entertainment) of any topic of your choice