Job Number: 18000FPS
Main Job Purpose
- Deliver compliance, maintain compliance and design better compliance processes.
- Regulatory Partner to Innovation as well as advocacy/lobby.
- Responsible for managing Product compliance within the country.
- Define regulatory requirements and convert to rules
- Qualify Outsourcing Partners/ Experts
- Work closely with product development, SC, Finance, legal and Marketing teams to ensure that local regulatory and external requirements, restrictions, and risks are identified at an appropriate point in the innovation process so as to land innovation successfully. These could be in the areas of claims/ labeling, pre-market approval, permits, etc.
- Accurate, relevant and timely input into the innovation process and risk assessment of projects.
- Provide local input and expertise to the local, regional and global issue management processes.
- Support the business regarding innovation process and related Claims - specifically with guidance to existing and proposed regulations
- Assuring compliance of products, labels, and advert with local regulations
- Leads Compliance agenda in the country and communicates with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ensuring all local regulations are available and known to relevant stakeholders
- Cascades regulatory information internally and educates the business on how to take a strategic approach to developments in the regulatory environment
- Build relationships with external regulators.
- Build awareness of any new and emerging issues in the regulatory environment within the country
- A background in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Foods Technology is preferred. A track record in regulatory affairs will be considered a bonus.
- Experience within R&D.
- Existing relationships with the regulator
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues into clear simple messages
- Ability to plan and deliver against tight deadlines
- Confidence to liaise with different functions, regulators, senior stakeholders and ability to command respect
- Strong technical & regulatory knowledge
- Enthusiasm & passion
- Strong Influencing skill.
- Product packaging development, marketing, external affairs, legal, Supply Chain, Finance functions; consumer care,
Regional & Global
- Regional Regulatory Affairs Network, Project Leaders (technical & marketing)
- Regulatory authorities, external technical forums as required