Aldelia Group - Our client, with operations in Lagos and Port-Harcourt, is an S&P 500 company and a worldwide leader in the design, manufacture and sale of equipment and components in oil gas drilling and production.
- This role will encompass the application of established technologies to a growing international market as well as technology transfer and new product introduction to the same.
- The role requires expertise knowledge of FPSO technology and designs, rules and standards, and international regulations, codes and conventions (i.e. Class, IMO, Flag etc.). You will be able to employ your multi-discipline knowledge, managerial and professional experience to drive a prospect/project engineering team’s continual improvement to enhance their performance and capabilities in line with the broader company initiatives.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the department's technical performance.
- Highly knowledgeable of the FPS products, such as the TM450, TM650, TM800, TM1050, TM1550 and the SM1650, SM2050 and the SM3050.
- Responsible for the department's technical delivery on time to agreed delivery dates.
- Ensure the department is fully aware of their commercial impact on margin growth and erosion.
- Monitor the department's performance in terms of actual hours versus budget.
- Advise Project Managers of potential overruns or savings, enact recovery measures and advise required increase in budget hours.
- Monitor and analyze accountable overruns to determine root cause, enact immediate fixes and implement preventative measures.
- Responsible for recruitment; including forecasting, business justification for personnel, raising requisitions, review of CVs and interview of prospective recruits.
- Responsible for the development, delivery and assessment of training plans.
- Responsible for Personnel Feedback Discussions for subordinates in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of Job Descriptions.
- Responsible for ensuring department are reporting any design changes which may have a cost or schedule impact to the relevant Project Team.
- Chair client meetings and monitor department's performance to ensure customer care is at the foremost position.
- Analyze department's performance metrics and identify areas for improvements and best practices. Where deficiencies are
- identified ensure root cause analysis, enact immediate fixes and implement preventative measures.
- Ensure alignment of departmental development and improvement activities with company strategic initiatives.
- Responsible for induction training for subordinates.
- Assignment of mentors to subordinates and monitor.
- Monitor and optimize team member’s performance to ensure a high standard of professionalism is maintained and that customer care is at the forefront.
- Monitor and optimize department's performance to ensure a high standard of housekeeping in the work area and department is maintained.
- Travel required as dictated by project needs.
- Master of Engineering
- Chartered Status
- Management training
- Experience in a team lead role
- Working knowledge of the oil and gas industry
Skills, training or special knowledge:
- Computer literacy (including good command of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Working knowledge of pressure vessel, piping and structural design codes
- Knowledge of International standards applicable for FPSOs.
- Knowledge of PED and its application
- Knowledge of NACE
- Knowledge of NORSOK standards
- Have an understanding of common place industry materials and their application
- Participating chairing meeting
- Understanding of engineering documents and drawings
Skills & Experience Required
- Able to adeptly learn the context of a challenge and quickly integrate new skills (Learning on the fly)
- Anticipates the impact of change and rises to the challenge, with the ability to accept risk and uncertainty (Dealing with ambiguity)
- Can create competitive breakthrough strategies as well as plan and operationalize innovative ideas (Strategic agility)
- Be quick to identify critical information and respond appropriately (Priority setting)
- Can Orchestrate multiple activities and resources to accomplish a goal (Organizing)
- Able to define, work within and improve business processes based on immediate and future business needs (Process management)
- Will relish leading and where necessary will take unpopular whilst encouraging direct and tough debate (Command Skills)
- Deals with corrective feedback in a manner that inspires accountability and self redirection amongst others (Managerial courage)
Energy and Drive:
- Will dependably achieve what he or she sets out to do, and expects others to do likewise (Drive for results)
Personal and Interpersonal:
- Firm and diplomatic when negotiating (Negotiating)
- Creates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose and clearly communicates it to the organization (Managing vision and purpose)