- Department:Recruitment, Admissions and International Development
- Directly responsible to:Regional Manager, Africa
- Supervisory responsibility for: N/A
- As part of Lancaster University’s increasing commitment to Africa, the University is seeking to appoint to the post of Regional Officer, Africa.
- An essential member of Lancaster University’s International Office, the Regional Officer will provide dedicated logistical and administrative support to the Lancaster-based International Office and Admissions Office. The key aim of this position is to support students and key recruitment partners across the application process and to raise the profile of Lancaster University. The successful candidate will be an extremely well-organised individual with the ability to prioritise work in order to meet tight deadlines. High levels of self-motivation and initiative are essential. Applicants should have excellent customer service skills and a thorough understanding of the UK higher education system.
- The post holder will report overall to the Regional Manager, based in Lancaster for, and will work closely with the Admissions Office, Academics and other key staff.
- The post holder will be based in the Lancaster University – Ghana, Nigeria Office, Victoria Island, Lagos. Day-today management will be provided by Lancaster University – Ghana. .
- This post will require regular travel.
- The probation period is three months.
- Salary: £15,000 per annum (gross- excluding health insurance and employer pension contribution), plus performance related bonus
- Application Procedure: Please send a CV and covering letter.
- Departmental Admissions Officers
- Faculty and departmental academic and administrative staff
- Other sections within Recruitment, Admissions and International Development e.g. Global Engagement and Admissions Office
- Other sections in Central Services e.g. Registry, Finance, Accommodation Office, Student Based Services
- Current students of Lancaster University
- Prospective students and parents
- University student recruitment agents and representatives, British Council
- Partner universities and organisations
- Embassies and Ministries of Education
- Schools, Agents and Alumni
- UK Higher Education institutions
- Sponsoring organisations.
- To increase the number of qualified African students mainly from Nigeria, Ghana and Kenya registering at Lancaster University (LU).
- To provide dedicated support to African enquirers and applicants through the admissions process.
- To provide logistical and administrative support to the Global Recruitment Office and Faculty Admissions Offices based at Lancaster.
- To support the implementation of the University’s student recruitment and marketing plans in Africa through promotional activities.
- Promote on-going support to LU recruitment partners
- The job is based in Lagos, Nigeria and the postholder will be expected to undertake regular travel. It may be necessary to undertake training and staff development activities at the University from time to time.
- To manage agent networks, including training, activity participation, application management, performance monitoring and relationship development within designated recruitment markets and contribute to the annual agent report.
- Manage all aspects of the admissions process for applicants from Africa, providing dedicated support to all applicants and offer-holders.
- Closely monitor the progress of all applications from Africa and maintain accurate and up-to-date records.
- Support Lancaster offers holders through the student visa application process.
- Support the payment of tuition fee deposits to Lancaster University.
- Co-ordinate the distribution of all documentation and promotional material between Lancaster University and Africa, both incoming and outgoing, including new applications.
- Provide advice and guidance to all enquirers from Africa.
- Submit regular activity reports.
- Participate in Lancaster University promotional activities as advised by the Regional Manager for Africa at Lancaster University.
- Provide operational support for Lancaster University visits to Africa and undertake follow-up.
- Supporting the development of alumni relations in conjunction with the Alumni and Development Office
- Work with Regional Manager, Africa at Lancaster University to manage recruitment activities within the agreed budget and to deadlines.
- Develop productive relationships with colleagues across the University and to provide advice and expertise relating to student recruitment from Africa to academic and administrative departments.
- To organise visits from overseas contacts to Lancaster University.
- Develop relationships with key contacts in Africa.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required by the Regional Manager, Head of International Student Recruitment or Head of Global Student Recruitment.
- Knowledge of UK higher education and current issues-Essential
- Self-motivation, flexibility and with the ability to work independently- Essential
- Evidence of administrative excellence- Essential
- Excellent communication and presentation skills-Essential
- Ability to work accurately under pressure both independently and as part of a team-Essential
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise work- Essential
- Experience in overseas travel management- Essential
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular, use of the word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, email and internet- Essential
- A graduate of UK university- Desirable
- Experience of working in education- Desirable
- Knowledge of international student recruitment in relevant markets-Desirable
- Closing date for receipt of applications is Sunday 3 March 2019. Applications received after this deadline will not be considered.
- Interviews will be held in Lagos on or around 8 April 2019.