IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia, and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
- Assist in the resolution of legal matters and advise management on any legal peculiarities of the Company.
- Ensuring proper negotiation and settlement of litigation issues
- Liaising with Contractors
- Assist in monitoring and studying the impact of new laws, regulations, and legislation that may affect IHS’s activities and make recommendations to the Head of Legal.
- Ensure that IHS's case and legal position in litigation are adequately represented and associated risks to the organization are mitigated.
- Assist in resolution of any dispute by and against IHS and manage IHS legal exposure at the regions
- Assist in the preparation and review of regulatory dispute resolution submissions at the regions.
- Participate in the setup and maintenance of a database of all property documents and other related legal documentation in the regions.
- Ensure safe custody of all litigation/dispute resolution files and documents.
- Assist in implementing the unit’s work programs and plans in line with agreed procedures and guidelines.
- Coordinating all escalated issues and follow up to the conclusion – keep a track of all escalations, provide an update to the collating department i.e. commercial, deployment, operations etc.
- Update the weekly report and share with all regional counsel
- Provide updates for interdepartmental use on access issues and related matters
- Updating the general database with new information on new acquisition – ensuring new sites information are up to date on the general tracker
- Following up on new sites that Lease Agreements have not been received through SAQ and our documentation team.
- Supporting of other regional counsels with information needed and documentation as the case may be.
- Receiving of correspondence and ensuring a timely response is sent out – ensure follow up on correspondence, keep it filed for record purposes
- Facilitation of access to lease sites and coordination
- Resolution of title and other lease related matters
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Regional Legal Manager and Legal Director.
Education & Experience
- Graduate Law Degree
- Relevant work experience in a related field.
- Litigation Management
- Estate Management
- Regulatory, Compliance & Governance
- Legal Professional Skills
- Contract Management
- Data Analysis & Reporting
- Relationship Building
- Service Level Management
- Community/ Landlord Relations
- Financial Acumen
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.