Transsnet Financial is launching game-changing fintech apps in the Nigerian market to help people transact, save and borrow money. Transsnet is a joint venture between Transsion, the manufacturers of smartphone brands used by over 30% of Africans, including Tecno, Infinix and Itel, and NetEase, one of China’s biggest internet companies.
- The Reconciliation and Settlements Manager will be responsible for the management and reconciliation of all financial activities for all the different Businesses with partner organizations.
- The Reconciliation and Settlements Manager will be charged with but not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Provide reconciliation and settlement support to the financial controller
- Develop and maintain business relations with payment partners
- Contribute to and maintain system standards within all Payment platforms
- Ensure daily reconciliation of all transactions and provide daily/weekly reconciliation and settlement reports to the financial controller
- Keep record of the relevant KPI’s for the businesses
- Analysis and reporting of settlement/payment activities to the Financial controller
- Develop business case and business models that may relate to the Company’s payment platform
- Ensure accurate forecast on virtual wallet or float accounts to prevent stock out'
- Documentation of processes, procedures, resolution guides etc for the reconciliation and settlement department
- Monitor the reconciliation of income/fees with partners and ensuring value is transferred to the company’s account promptly
- Continually evaluate and recommend best practice business process throughout payment value chain
- Perform any other task as might be assigned by the departmen
- A Business related Bachelor's degree (or higher) preferably in Accounting or Finance from a recognized University. Master’s Degree is a plus
- Over 4 years working experience in cards/mobile payment finance, fully integrated in all aspects of settlement and daily reconciliation process of which a minimum of 2 years must have been at a management level in Reconciliation and Settlement
- Excellent communication, leadership, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong strategic planning and execution skills.
- Excellent financial analytical, organization and planning skills
- Working knowledge of financial spreadsheet applications such as Excel
- Experience working in a team oriented, collaborative environment.
- Rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Highly self-directed, a strong individual contributor and a strong team player