Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
- Enhance the effective delivery of Action Against Hunger programmes through electronic communication to conduct preventive and corrective maintenance of all electronic communication equipment.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Monitor the Action Against Hunger frequencies.
- Maintain the radio logbook (location, date and hour of important messages or events) as indicated on SOPs.
- Transmit/relay messages between teams / AAH Nigeria bases when the signal is low.
- Dispatch according to the needs and register the loan of VHF radio handsets.
- Training new staff/visitors on the use of VHF and HF radios.
- Ensure all VHF/HF base and handheld stations are in good working condition.
- Perform clerical related tasks
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Carry out scans, photocopy and filling.
- Provide support to the arrangement of accommodation bookings for visiting staff.
- Assist the Logistics Officer in maintaining inventory of assets within office and accommodation rooms.
- Maintain the office notice boards.
- Maintain and update daily movement plan.
- Assist in extraction and filling of data and files from various sources in administrative, human resource, procurement, logistics and Action Against Hunger staff.
- Assist in supervision of office cleaner/cook and casual workers.
- The employee is required to be flexible and adaptable with regards to the implementation of work activities;
- Conduct all duties in a professional manner following Action Against Hunger staff regulations and charter including commitment to gender equality;
- The job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee is expected to perform other related task as required and responsible for reporting and communication of progress and achievement of the assigned task.
Internal & External Relationship
- Area Coordinator: Hierarchical relationship - exchange of information and collaboration on team management problems;
- Fleet Officer: Hierarchical relationship - exchange of information and line manager;
- Logistics Officer : Hierarchical relationship - exchange of information;
- Others Project Managers: exchange of information and coordination.
- Partners: exchange of information, mainly about security.
- Beneficiaries: exchange of information, mainly about security.
- Daily Road Movement Follow-up Report (consolidate).
- Minimum of Secondary education in an accredited academic institution;
- Minimum of 1 year relevant professional experience in office operation/assistance and related experiences;
Skills & Experience
- Good knowledge and working experience with HF and VHF Radios;
- Capacity to adaptable and flexible;
- Excellent command of spoken and written English;
- Commitment to Action Against Hunger charter and values;
- Previous experience in INGO at the same level of position;
- Knowledge on radio installation/basic maintenance, electricity and/or any technical field.