- Planning individualised patient radiation therapy treatment in consultation with the multidisciplinary team.
- Administering radiation therapy as per the patient’s treatment plan.
- Using sophisticated imaging equipment to verify the treatment is delivered precisely as planned.
- Observing the clinical progress of patients and recognising and managing treatment side effects.
- Liaising with other members of the multidisciplinary team to determine the most appropriate care for patients.
- Informing and reassuring patients about their treatment and answering their questions in a calm and sensitive manner.
- Providing continuous support to the patient and their family.
- Participating in oncology research.
Minimum qualification requirement
- Candidates must have completed an accredited radiation therapy technology study.
- Must hold a valid state licence to practice radiation therapy